Original topic:

Seeking help retrieving data from broken phone

(Topic created on: 08-05-2022 12:29 PM)
ImRonBrgundy
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z

I have a Samsung Z Flip 3 5g that is not functioning. The outer screen works occasionally, so I can tell it is powered on. Otherwise nothing works, main screen, call/texts etc are all not working. I managed to get a lot of data from a Samsung backup, but I am desperately trying to retrieve my photos as well. I tried Asurion/UbreakIfix, geek squad, every trick I could find online, all without success. Samsung Find My Mobile doesn't work because it says the phone is offline. Has anyone had any luck retrieving photos from a completely non-functioning phone? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, I am really sorry to hear this issue from you.

If you have already synced your photos through Google, while you trying to setup your new phone. You can back up your photos.

But if you didn't sync through Google, I am afraid that there is no other possible way to get photos back.

0 Likes
ImRonBrgundy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

This is the answer I keep getting unfortunately. Thank you

0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Z
You said the outer screen works occasionally so that means the phone turns on.

Have you tried plugging it into a computer? If the phone is powered on, it should be able to read the memory and you should be able to see your stuff.
0 Likes
ImRonBrgundy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

I've tried plugging it into my computer via usb, and into my tv via HDMI. Nothing comes up, it's as if the phone is just dead.

0 Likes
LENAC1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

Hi, i have the exact same problem. My screen just suddenly stopped working i think i can use my warranty but they delete all you data when samsung repairs the phone.  I haven't taken any backup nor is it connected to my google account. I am dying to save my photo's but i have no idea how. I already tried: find my samsung, samsung dex, connecting phone to pc.. nothing works. Does someone have a golden tip?? 

0 Likes