Original topic:

Side Key - Quick Camera Launch

(Topic created on: 04-20-2022 12:23 PM)
Thewayivydoes
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi all, has anyone had any issues with the side key quick launch camera/selfie feature?

I've now found that after the recent software upgrade, the side key/camera launch does not seem to be working although it is still set correctly in settings. I used to be able to lock the screen with the side key, which is also not working. The weird thing is the side key works to unlock the phone via fingerprint.

I have done a factory reset, which has not fixed the issue and I have booked in to go into a store for repair, with the earliest appointment available being in mid May. As I only purchased the phone in December just gone, its disappointing that I'm having this issue.

Any help/tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

3 Comments
Galaxy Z
I've a few samsung phones and they're all working as per normal. Including my fold 3
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi there, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Can you send this through as an error report for our research team to look into? 

I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated. Error reports are sent to our team to identify any deviations in your device performance, once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further. 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

Thewayivydoes
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

Thanks for the message I have now logged this.

0 Likes