Original topic:

So when is one ui4.0 actually supposed to release for the Flip and fold series?

(Topic created on: 01-02-2022 06:43 PM)
Tw0fold
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z
I was under the impression it'd be in November, yet here we sit without it
0 Likes
11 Comments
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy Z
No idea. I'm holding out hope for this week, but when rogers telus and fido updated their rollout schedules on Friday they didn't include a date for the Flip/Fold 3. All still say "coming soon"
0 Likes
Tw0fold
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
So frustrating. Release should mean released fully and working not buggy betas in tiny countries while everyone else around the world has been waiting since November
0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy Z
I wish samsung had a spine and would bypass carriers and just release an update for everyone at the same time. I will never understand why Apple and Google have figured this out but Samsung hasn't.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

One UI version updates, aren't being held up by the Carriers. The reason for the delay rests entirely with Samsung. 

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

"buggy Betas in tiny countries"?? 

The UK, Germany, US are "tiny countries"  🙄

It was never November for the Fold / Flip 3. Earliest possible date was only ever in December.

Surprised that you haven't heard that there were some issues with the One UI V4.0 update, as it's been posted on Samsung Members quite a few times already. 

Tw0fold
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
In Canada (larger than US, UK, and Germany btw) we were told we'd all be running one ui 4.0 in November or early December at the absolute latest.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

the population of these "tiny countries".

France, Germany & the UK have at least 30 million more, EACH than Canada & the US has about 290 million more people than Canada.

"we were all told" where & by whom lol

Would you have rather had Samsung release it with problems, so you could complain about that too?

The ONLY Samsung device in Canada that WAS scheduled to receive the One UI V4.0 update in December was the S21 series & It WAS released & then pulled... INTERNATIONALLY!

Just chill. 🙄 

Tw0fold
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Being told to chill by the guy on Samsung members that went to the effort of looking up the populations of multiple countries just to make a point. *cough
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Thing is bright boy, didn't have to look it up, it's pretty common knowledge that Canada's population is smaller than the countries mentioned.

• "In Canada (larger than US, UK, and Germany btw" - TwOfold

But clearly, it is something that you should have looked up 🙄