Original topic:

Terrible screen protector repair experience

(Topic created on: 04-11-2022 02:23 PM)
Carbide
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z

Just wanted to let you all know the terrible experience we're getting down under.

TLDR: Z-folds are amazing but Samsung customer service is beyond trash (>10 days to fix a screen protector)

1. ~23 March 2022 Noticed screen protector peeling in crease, followed by delamination along entire crease + 2 large bubbles

1. Contacted chat and was advised to send phone in for repair under warranty

2. Chat told me not to remove screen protector on own as will void warranty

2. 01 April 2022 Sent phone in to Samsung Experience centre at Garden City Shopping Centre (Qld)

1. Was told 2-3 business days turn around

2. Since 01 April 2022, repair has been stuck at ordering parts

3. 5th April 2022 Call to Samsung's offshore call centre

1. Told "your case is being escalated to the case manager"

2. Wait 1-2 business days for a call back

3. No call back ever made

4. 8 April 2022- Called repair shop Samsung outsources repairs to get update (Techworks QLD)

1. repair shop answers phone within 20 secs!

2. Parts ordered from Samsung, but no **bleep** at all

5. 11 April 2022 Called Samsung again, now claims for replacement device will need repair shop to escalate

1. Samsung could not be bothered to pick up the phone to call the repair shop

2. had to call the repair shop to start this escalation

3. Repair shop completes escalation to Samsung with email to me

4. Called Samsung again, acknowledged receipt of repair shop escalation

5. Needs 1-2 business days to "investigate" again. No **bleep** for resolution, unable to offer loaner phone, no alternative remedy offered

6. Claimed needed a "case manager" to decide on case

7. Gave the operator notice that will be reporting this to QLD fair trading

8. Complaint submitted to QLD fair trading

PS/Tips (not legal advice):

process after submitting to your states' Fair Trading/Consumer Affairs is to undertake dispute resolution, then states tribunal: e.g. QCAT, VCAT, NCAT

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/complaints-problems/make-a-consumer-complaint

ACCC- right to repair, replace or refund. https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund

7 Comments
Keithyzz39
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
That's absolutely **bleep** disgusting. You pay a premium and it's obvious that once samsung gets your money they couldn't be fuc*ed. It seems likely that in the last couple of years samsungs quality control and customer service have disappeared. I for one won't be using samsung ever again after its time to upgrade.
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @Carbide, thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you had this experience repairing your device. We’ll be sure to pass your feedback on internally to the relevant department. 

If there is anything I can do to assist or follow up on, please send through an email with the following details: 

To: members.au@samsung.com

Subject: SamsungLaura - Z Fold Repair

Detail:

Full name

Phone number

Delivery address

Service reference number

ETam
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Man..... My starting peeling too, what should I do, can't without the phone for 11 days, so disappointed with Samsung, take 11 days to replace a screen protector
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @ETam, I am sorry to hear this issue has occurred with your device. Could you send through an email with your details so that I may look into this?

To: members.au@samsung.com

Subject: SamsungLaura - Z series screen protector

Detail:

Full name

Phone number

Delivery address

Device model

0 Likes
AndrewJC
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
Geez Laura, it seems there are some unhappy customers, and they're only the ones I've read here. This is not good advertising for Samsung. I suggest customer service lift their game.
0 Likes
thesyaf
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
I have had similar experience starting from march 2022 and is still ongoing.
Promises of call backs have not been met
0 Likes
Clairelara
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z

Yes, the screen protector from Samsung started peeling off soon and it is frustrating. I removed it and installed a film screen protector from Gadgetshieldz that sticks so well, covers edge to edge, and is good with the! Using this protector for more than 10 months on my Fold3 and it never peeled off, also the scratches self-heal on this protector so it looks clean!

0 Likes