Original topic:

Trade in completed but Samsung still charge me

(Topic created on: 10-20-2022 04:01 AM)
Kennedy3
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z

I have received email from Assurant that my trade in device is completed successfully and the trade in value match with the accessed value.

Two weeks later, I received an email from Samsung that I will be charged for the full amount of trade in + promotion offer + Tax.

The trade in value for my device is zero in the email.

Chatted with customer service, still waiting for answer and refund from Samsung.

What a terrible experience.

0 Likes
13 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Would never, ever trade-in with Samsung.

Always sell any old device privately, Kijiji or anything but Samsung's trade-in here in Canada.

The US has much better deals & values for used devices.

Hopefully you'll get more than "sincere apologies". 

Helenna
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi Kennedy3, we certainly understand your situation and we are really very sad to hear this from you.

As you have already contacted our Live chat team, hopefully your issue will resolve very soon.

0 Likes
Galaxy Z
When I completed my purchase with trade in, the trade in value was already deducted from the original purchase. Check your order summary and see if the trade in value was already discounted from the original purchase.
After the trade in, final +/- adjustments are made where you will receive an additional refund or charged extra
Screenshot_20221020_072430_Gmail_1000004041_1666272270.jpg
sarahkkkkk
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Did you ever hear from anyone about your issue? No one get back to me at all and nothing is resolved.
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
No but after my trade in, the discount was already given to me even purchased the new watch. No further action needed
0 Likes
vicky01
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
I am having the same issue. Trade in went successfully but samsung charged me for trade in. Such a **bleep** experience. Waiting for reply from samsung.
0 Likes
Kennedy3
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

2 days still no response from Samsung.

0 Likes
Nylah
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, we sincerely apologize for this.

Our team is working on it to resolve the issue at the earliest.

We appreciate your patience in this regard.

0 Likes
vicky01
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
4 days and nothing from samsung. Money is already got deducted from account.