Original topic:

VPN

(Topic created on: 11-06-2022 06:35 AM)
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Z
Does everyone here use a VPN client?  Why and which one? Is it really recommended?  Educating myself. Thank you
12 Comments
Galaxy Z
I use OpenVPN. It is available from my NAS and it is must have feature if you need to access your file from external.

But if you are not accessing your personal NAS, company data or need to load specific website in specific country, like Japan IP only, I will say you do not need it. Because VPN is a private tunnel with encryption. Data is secured, but connection performance will reduce, slow down due to data decryption. Therefore, if no specific needs, no need to connect VPN while browsing internet.
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

I just use Samsung's Secure WiFi (a couple of dollars a month), but it's not necessary on your home WiFi... Tim's probably, if you're out Guzzling Coffee 😂

Just avoid those sketchy Masala sites and you should be fine 😉

iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z
You mean drive by dating sites 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

"Run By Fruiting" 🤣 🍏 🍊🍍🍅

ef335f62a01c91647e402912778eb7bc.gif

iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z
Ahahahhshshshhss
Helenna
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi iFlYSoLo, we see that you found the required information needed.

Please write back to us if you require any further assistance.

Thank you Tallman and RedDogRabbit.

0 Likes
KiaKaha
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
I have several, one is free from my Google 1 account. The other is express VPN. But when that runs out I'll switch to Nord.. this is only my opinion and personal experience
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z
You pay for the monthly google though right? Is it something you think is necessary?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Really, the biggest reason for using VPN, is if you need / want to hide / spoof your location. ie: If you want to view streaming services on your phone, that are not available in Canada for example, but are only available in the US. 

Other than that.. meh