Original topic:

Z 3 Fold causing migraines and eye pain

(Topic created on: 05-01-2022 11:11 AM)
newlife22
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi,

I bought my Z 3 two weeks ago now. After my first day of use I noticed headaches and spots in my vision, so adjusts lighting and dulled everything possible. I have noticed my eyes are drawn to the middle crease, it makes me go cross eyed. I used it for the next few days and noticed my headache had turned into a migraine. I turned the phone off for a few days, it settled. Once I started using it again, after one hour the migraine and spotted vision returned. 

I have called Samsung and sent it to the service centre. They have said there is nothing they can do, as it’s working to factory standards. But, surely this isn’t how a phone should impact someone? I literally cannot use it without migraines and spotted vision, yet they will not offer an exchange or refund, on a $2000 phone. 

I would love to know if anyone has experienced this? And if there is a Samsung Moderator that could help me?? I’m desperate because I now have no phone. It’s definitely put me off Samsung, if they do not help, I will return to Apple iPhones. 

Thanks in advance 

0 Likes
6 Comments
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
You mention that you have done various things. Have you tried adjusting the blue light setting? On my phone iti s called the blue light filter, on my A7 tablet it is called eye comfort shield. Although I technically have only normal eye problems I leave it on all the time. Hope this helps.
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
Final comment. If you are having problems and others are not, may I suggest you visit an opthalmologist? Just in case you have an identifiable condition. Look up, as I did, the definitions of optometrist versus opthalmologist.
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Galaxy Z
On my screen one of my comments has disappeared. Gòogle android tablet eye glare
0 Likes
PocketRaver
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
It is the eye comfort shield on Z fold 3...

I have one and have not had any trouble with you have mentioned here...
I have mine set on 4g.
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
Got one. Had the original fold too. Never had issues.

I personally can't go back to a 'normal' phone anymore. I do wish the front screen is a tad wider though...

0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @newlife22, I am sorry to hear you're having issues using your device. As our service centre has checked the device and confirmed it's working to our manufacturing standards.

Have you tried enabling the eye comfort shield in your settings?

0 Likes