Original topic:

Z FLIP 3 charging issue / Android 12

(Topic created on: 01-08-2022 08:52 PM)
JaZson
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z
Updated the Galaxy Z flip 3 to Android 12. 

IN FOLD MODE 
When plug in charger, the device wont charge. 
Same in wireless charging mode. 
Same in data mode when connecting to PC. 

It only works when the device unfolded. 

Anyone experiencing this issue?  Possible hardware issue? 
12 Comments
luzirza
Active Level 4
Galaxy Z
Really? I dont get this issues...Normal fast charging if Fold or Unfolded with My ZFlip3 ...
0 Likes
FelixNg
Active Level 7
Galaxy Z
I don't have this problem too. You probably need to send tour phone to service center for the check up
0 Likes
Hxzeem
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
Not having charging issue at all with my flip 3 on a12. Probably you need to check status of you charging brick and your cable first, do you use a genuine charger from samsung or any from various reputable brand?

does your current charger brick and cable not charging over any other device as well? have you try any other charger or cable?

try to take a look at your charging port, probably need to clean up from dust or any sort of?
0 Likes
Pandawong
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
I have the same problem after the recent update. Just 2 days. Exactly the same. Wont charge when folded
0 Likes
JaZson
Active Level 2
Galaxy Z
The problem just goes away after a week. Not sure why.
0 Likes
Pandawong
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
Huh! Ok hope so. Thanks for the update.
0 Likes
udayuddanti
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

I have the same issue! Phone is not getting charged in FOLD mode. Additionally the device is charging very slow now in the flex mode. It is displaying a message saying - Device is charging slowly due to cold Temparature. Its been a week now. 

Need support here.

Pandawong
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
Still having the same problem. Hv not gone to Samsung yet. But fast charging unfolded isnt a problem.
0 Likes
JaZson
Active Level 2
Galaxy Z
Make sure to update the device firmware. I think that fixed the issues.
Go to setting> software updates
0 Likes