Original topic:

Z Flip 3 screen black out

(Topic created on: 11-21-2022 02:37 PM)
JJ12341
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z

I really can't understand this situation.

I have bought unopended Z flip 3 in December 2021, who have said he bought this is special price cause he works for Samsung.

When I asked him about warranty, he said it should be conver as long as within warranty period and produc faulty.

this model has been released less than 2 years in Australia as far as I know and like other product, as long as I register on Samsung website soon I open, this will indicate when I first start to use this phone.

After using this phone for 11 month, suddenly screen got black out and touch would not work.

when I try to book in for service, I can even book cause I don't have proof of purchase.

I spoke to service centre, they said same thing.

what I don't understand is then what is the point of registering product through on website and what is point of each handset have their own serial number?

why can't I even get it assessed due to no proof of purchase and why do I have to pay for assessment fee when it's not going to be cover under warranty?

what also **bleep** me is when first got this phone, I have purchased samsung care and it did take my money out and proceed to the page that I had to upload proof of purchase. I have sent emails and phone calls that if this product could not be use without receipt, I want refund.

they still not comeback to me and ran away with $124.50.

very disspapoint experience and being as Korean, I feel very shame and embarrassed.

will never recommend any Samsung product to anyone!

6 Comments
Galaxy Z
Hi @JJ12341 sorry to hear about your experience.
Regarding proof of purchase, this isn't just restricted to Samsung, all companies will ask for this when making a warranty claim.

Are you able to contact the seller, if it was from Ebay or Gumtree, can you search your history regarding your purchase?
0 Likes
Galaxy Z

Just my 2c..☮️

Apple never asked me to provide proof of purchase (have claimed warranty twice already). They just look on the serial number.

Also when I did RMA for my blinking Pixel 3 before, Google did not ask me for receipt (not 100% on this, but I can't recall I have provided them this).

I can understand if he bought it through JB-HiFi or any 3rd party seller and claiming warranty to those stores, but if you're claiming directly to Samsung and your device is less than 2 yrs old and registered under your products in Member App, it should be enough. Specially if he is not claiming for a refund but only for a fix or replacement .

0 Likes
Galaxy Z
@_nok_ Yeah, Fair enough.
I've only made 1 claim, for a Note20 with Optus, and despite buying it from them, I had to provide proof of purchase 🤷
0 Likes
Galaxy Z

But to be fair with Samsung, this is stated in their warranty page that proof of purchase is needed when claiming warranty. And if you bought it from another person, you need to transfer the warranty by notifying Samsung.

All details here: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/warranty/#

It's just that with this time of age where most people changing phones regularly, buy and sell, via mobile contracts, winning through Samsung Member contests **cough cough where's my Z Fold4 for trick or treat contest cough cough** , Samsung should follow the likes of Apple or Google on handling this type of claims (well based from my experience).

For the OP, maybe try reaching out to other Samsung kiosks. Maybe other's are more lenient. Good luck!

JJ12341
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

thanks for your feedback, I agree they should change their policy. I think it is because not Samsung directly do the repair, they get contractor companies to do the repair, and if something goes wrong, they put blame on them.

I even spoke to the person if this will be different If I take this directly to Samsung service Center in Sydney, answer was no cause they send it out to 3rd party to assess and fix and make it to be eligible for warranty, technician have to claim by giving proof of purchase uploaded to Samsung..

yes if they had limit this to clarify warranty, they would not take money out from my credit card when I can't even send out for Samsung care.

When I register samsung care, they asked to fill in IMEI number and take money out first, and then ask to upload proof of invoice.

I have ring & email to ask for the refund cause that time, I could not provide proof of purchase. and 11month later? they still have not come back to me, no money was given back..

what a waste of money.. and this is how they make money.. feel disgusting..

0 Likes
JJ12341
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

I had no issue with Apple and even other electrical devices from Dyson and LG, they only proof serial number not proof of purchase. I don't understand in this case, why they encourage to register new product through website when they can't even track when the product was first use.

you can't even gift anyone without proof od purchase. I really never had any issue like this when service centre can't even exam cause don't have reciept.

and they are so quick to take money off from your credit card when not even eligible to get samsung care. I feel very disgust from Samsung products & services.

0 Likes