Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Z Flip 3 Screen intermittently turns off after opening, or doesn't turn on at all

(Topic created on: 08-12-2022 11:12 AM)
Nokia4EVA
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy Z

HI, 

Is anyone having an issue with their Z Flip 3 where they open the phone, the screen comes on, and then almost immediately goes off, and won't come back unless the phone is closed/opened again, or an issue where they open the phone, the screen doesn't come on at all, but the phone still responds as if the phone is unlocked and working?

I've attached a video of some examples. Please excuse the heavy breathing, I was wearing my motorcycle helmet to record the video with the attached GoPro so I could use both hands to flip open the phone. 

I reached out to Samsung support yesterday, and was told to reset all my settings to see if that fixes anything, but it didn't, so their next step was to post here. 

I've also tried looking for others with the same issue, and only found one bloke on Reddit having the issue. Comments there say it's a hardware issue and the screen needs to be replaced.

My phone is just under 4 months old, I got it from JB, and there is no physical damage. Software is all up-to-date. 

Is this a hardware issue, or is there another way to fix this?

Nokia4EVA
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Z
Try to record a video like I did, and show them this post. I confirmed the solution is a hardware issue in my reply to SamsungLaura, so if you're having the same issue it's probably hardware related too. My service centre replaced the LCD, battery, antenna, and frame, all under warranty, and all within 24h. I haven't had any issues since.
KL222
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
Thank you, I will try that 😊
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @KL222, do let us know if you have any further questions with your device. 

0 Likes
KL222
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
Thanks Laura. I use my phone for work so cannot be without it for even one day. Would the technicians need my sim card in the phone? Just gathering options so I don't lose business calls. 😊
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @KL222, if you are using a physical nano SIM, this will be removed prior to being sent for assessment. 

0 Likes
KL222
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
Thanks Laura 😊
0 Likes
mdg215199
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

I've been dealing with this same issue.   Samsung had me send my phone.   Get it back... doing same thing.   That said, they changed my screen... though, the issue that happens in middle of screen didn't bother me nor did I even bring it up!    

Anyways... apparently I need to call and complain again... where, have to switch phone to old one again, then when I get it, set everythign back on again... and hopefully, they will truly listen and test the issue that is happening, as it does this constantly.     

Or... wish there was a way to truly turn off all other options that cause the screen to go on/off other than manual.   Have spent 3 days trying to do that... have made all changes in lab, turned all routes off, etc... as my phone would at least be usable and would be fine... as currently, i really could give two flips on whether the screen turns it's self on/off from me flipping it lol.

0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @mdg215199,

Thanks for reaching out. I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps.

To send an error report:
Samsung Members app > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Send’ in top right.

0 Likes
Members_hKLioeX
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

Hi, my Z Flip 3 has been doing this exact same thing . It is really annoying and I wish I had not bought a Flip phone.my mic also not working with in year.  worst phone.

0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z

Hello @Members_hKLioeX

I am sorry to hear you are having a similar issue. I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analyzed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps.

To send an error report:
Samsung Members app > Support > Error reports > select issue category > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Send’ in top right.

Kind Regards,

SamsungClaudette

0 Likes