Original topic:

Z flip 3, Shut off after disconnected from charging

(Topic created on: 07-03-2022 10:46 AM)
Iren15
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z
phone can't turn on and just after samsung logo, it become green flash and shut down. can only turn on when charger is connected. if not connected, it will shutdown it self. when the phone is on but charger is disconnected, it shutdown itself. seems to happens after the June 2022 update. anyone experience this? if I sent for service, will I need to pay? still under warranty and also have care +. physical good no crack or scratch. 
14 Comments
WinnieC
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

This look like is a battery issue to me. Replace it should be good i guess.

Suggest you to check:

1) Make sure your phone has a sufficient charge

2) Carefully check your phone to make sure that it is not overheat, swollen or any other damage

3) Make sure that you are using a compatible charger (i mean an original charger, the reason is because you might risk damages to your phone if the charger is not the same voltage and plug type as your original charger)

4) Try to force restart the phone (when you charging the phone, as you mentioned that the phone can only turn ON while it is in charging condition) 

If it still no luck and since you do have the warranty/ Samsung Care+ Malaysia, you can book for a meet up with their team at Samsung Center and get their advise. Don't worry about the charges first because you should be good if you do have Samsung Care+

For more details about Samsung Care+:

https://www.samsung.com/my/offer/samsung-care-plus/

Iren15
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
aren't with care + I need to pay rm600+ and also doesn't seems to be battery since my battery is 80% and the drain is normal like usual. cause sometimes I able to turn on like normal. when restart, sometimes it become like this and turn off. only way for me to turn on the phone is by chargingVideoCapture_20220702-223114_705535_1656764408.jpg
WinnieC
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z

Try to make an appointment with them and get their advice. As long you do have the warranty and Samsung Care+. I do have a friend with almost same problem (different device) and is due to battery issue. Beside that, there's also someone from the community manage to change his/ her device display/ camera lens for free due to warranty.

Other than that you can give them a call or chat with the Samsung Support team.

Iren15
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
may I know how long it takes for your friend phone to be fix?
WinnieC
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z
More than a week.

FYI, Samsung official repairs take between 1 or 2 weeks. The only real benefit to it is that if your phone is still under warranty, and the damage is not your fault, you can probably repair it for free (display/ battery included too).
Iren15
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
does replacement device will be given during the repairing week?
WinnieC
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Z
Nope. You can try ask for it. Lol.

But, please check everything after you receive back your device. If you go to the service center to collect your device, do check it there instead of your home.
Iren15
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
okay thanks!
whonaz
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
This is what happening on my samsung z flip right now
0 Likes