Original topic:

Z Flip/Fold 3, S20, Note 20 and A52 set to receive One UI 4.0 January 18th

(Topic created on: 01-07-2022 06:29 PM)
JohnH
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy Z
https://forums.fido.ca/t5/Phones-and-Devices/OS-Upgrade-Schedule/ta-p/185669

Fido updated their update page today, and it seems a large batch of devices can expect the One UI 4.0 update in 2 weeks.

As a Flip 3 user this build of Android 12 better come with the January patch or I'm going to be a little ticked. There's no reason Canadian Fold/Flip users should have to wait 2 weeks after the rest of the world receives Android 12 to receive only the December patch.
13 Comments
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy Z
I agree. In the past Samsung Canada has released updates relatively quickly compared to the rest of the world, but Android 12 has been a complete mess.

Samsung members used to have update timelines posted around November so people had a general idea when their device would be updated, but this year we got nothing. I'm frustrated we need to wait 11 more days for the update, but I'm pissed at the lack of communication with customers. Especially customers who own devices from the Z series, which are some of the most premium Samsung devices you can buy.
FA11
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
I totally agree. Samsung is terrible with their communication skills.
0 Likes
phani
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
I can say its worse in Canada.. stupid opeeators play a role..
0 Likes
MarzL
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
A52 upgrade i just did yesterday and i regret it already. Video editing, text on videos, movie making... gone!
0 Likes