Original topic:

Z flip screen crack not covered by warranty?

(Topic created on: 11-04-2021 02:08 PM)
zflipforme
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi Samsung community,

Is it normal for Samsung to refuse to repair phones that are still under warranty?

My Galaxy Z flip 5G screen cracked down the fold of the phone, and the screen underneath and around the crack has gone dead. It looks like many other people have had the same issue, but the Samsung support center just continues to reply back to me that this constitutes damage to the phone so they can't repair it under warranty. I know I haven't damaged the screen at all, so surely this is a fault with the phone. How often does this happen?

30 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @zflipforme, thank you for reaching out. 

Please send through an email with the following details so that I may investigate further:

To: members.au@samsung.com

Subject: SamsungLaura - Z Flip 5G crack

Detail: Full name, phone number, delivery address, service reference number, proof of purchase, device IMEI

0 Likes
Galaxy Z

I'm going through the same nightmare now. Really disappointing that Samsung  would do anything and making up lies to not fix a manufacturing default. I have the phone for 15 months and the crack down the fold has happend to my phone twice!

SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi there, I am sorry to hear that this issue occurred twice for you. Is your device currently with our service centre? If so, I suggest sending through an email with the below details for this to be looked into. 

To: members.au@samsung.com

Subject: SamsungLaura - Z Flip crack

Detail: Full name, phone number, delivery address, service reference number, proof of purchase, device IMEI

0 Likes
Jammies247
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

I have the same issue.  I just got off the phone with Samsung and was told that since the cracks in the screen ON THE FOLD are physical damage (even if I didn't cause the damage) they won't cover it under warranty.  Then, of course, he had the nerve to try to get me to trade it in for a new phone!  Why would I want to buy any more Samsung devices after that?  I have used only Samsung devices for years but it looks like they don't want my business anymore.

SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @Jammies247, I am sorry to hear this has occurred for you. 

Are you able to send through an email with the details requested above with photos of your device so that I can look into this? 

0 Likes
Ophir
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

Same problem here. after a while screen protector started peeling and 2 days later it pulled on the screen at the fold.
I was told its physical damage and its not covered. 

A quick search online shows its a major problem and its happens to A LOT of people.

I used Samsung devices since galaxy s3, and now I bought a Xiaomi and still holding onto this very expensive brick hoping that one day Samsung will come to its senses and fix this.

The worst thing is that this phone doesn't even support HDMI so i can't extract my data without fixing it - which in my opinion is even a bigger crime than selling this malfunctioning device without taking responsibility for repairing it.

SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi @Ophir, I am sorry to hear this has occurred for you. Could you send through an email with the details below? 

Subject: SamsungLaura - Z Flip crack

Detail: Full name, phone number, delivery address, service reference number, proof of purchase, images of the crease

0 Likes
Members_20offVr
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

Yes I have thr same problem. I have bought flip3 and fold 3 in Australia. Very expensive phone and my flip froze in first month. I got a same dY return fixed promise and it worked for a month and froze again and u sent it back again to be fixed inly to get rubbish stories that I've cracked screen when I know I've had the strongest case and it's never been dropped. Maybe some frustrated tapping because the phone kept free ING but certainly not hit or dropped Nd they want 500 dollars for a screen that is totally inadequate. I won't pay that especially how much I've loyalty spent with samsung. I think it might be time to give google pixel a try as this is mot good enough for me or my family and friends

SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi there, I am sorry to hear this issue has occurred with your screen.

Please send through an email with your details. 

Subject: SamsungLaura - Z Flip3/Z Fold3 crack

Detail: Full name, phone number, delivery address, service reference number, proof of purchase, images of the crease/crack

0 Likes