Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Z Fold 3 can't unfold 100%

(Topic created on: 06-22-2022 08:18 AM)
74G
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z
My Z fold 3 can't seem to unfold in full, 180 degrees. it's like 175 degrees and stuck there, causing an imbalance. Any solution to this?
11 Comments
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
I suggest u book an appointment with Samsung service centre. I suppose you have Samsung Care+? Even if don't have, I think can qualify for covered limited warranty. Do not try to remove anything stuck, as it could further damage the parts inside the hinge.
0 Likes
74G
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Agreed, I just booked an appointment tomorrow. I'll share the diagnostic from Samsung here. Thank you
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Hopefully, you can get it fixed in the soonest time possible. 😉
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
Sound like some foreign object got in between the spine
JP19
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Z
Yeah agreed. But best for us not to find out, since it's still under warranty.
0 Likes
FrankGPani
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z

Good luck with your repair and use your phone with care until then. This is one of my nightmare scenarios with the hinge on the Z Fold3 and folding phones in general. Something getting caught inside the phone or the hinge gears. Just look at one of these suckers in the Z Fold3.

(source: https://www.theverge.com/22619139/samsung-galaxy-z-fold-3-flip-screen-durability-waterproof-aluminum)(source: https://www.theverge.com/22619139/samsung-galaxy-z-fold-3-flip-screen-durability-waterproof-aluminum)

0 Likes
74G
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
I have collected my F3 from Samsung today, they replaced the foldable screen and the batteries. Apparently the screen is the whole cause of the problems from overheating to being unable to fully unfold. The workmanship of the servicing appears as 👍 Whole phone looks and feels new
0 Likes
FrankGPani
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
That's great. I had my folding screen and battery replaced too before (while under warranty) and they do a good job.
The overheating must have been quite severe to deform the screen!
0 Likes
74G
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Feels like a new set, wondering if I should move to f4 when it's launched
0 Likes