Original topic:

Z Fold 3 inner screen protector

(Topic created on: 01-25-2022 08:52 AM)
mozy
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Z
Has anyone had any issues with the inner screen protector on the Z fold 3. I purchased my Z fold 3 in August and noticing now that the top of the screen protector is peeling right where the crease is. I called Samsung and was told if I remove the screen protector, it will void my warranty. Samsung also said they don't sell any screen protectors for the Z fold 3 inner display and that I can send my phone off for repairs. I find this really disappointing, pay over $2000 for a phone where the manufacturer doesn't stock replacement accessories and to get it fixed you have to send it out so I'm out of a phone for who knows how long. Not sure what was the point of purchasing an extended warranty if they can't even help you at a Samsung store. 
10 Comments
Jiwon23
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
I don't know what Samsung Canada is thinking. Their service is not that good.
You can replace the inner screen protector only 10 bucks at any Samsung service center in Korea.
If not in Samsung Canada, You can buy 3rd party screen protector from Amazon or eBay.
mozy
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
Ya I'm not sure why they make it so difficult. If you're going to be sticklers about voiding warranties then at least sell the accessories when they wear out. It'd really frustrating
QuanNguyennn
Active Level 3
Galaxy Z
Yeah that happened to me too. I was told that taking off the screen protector does NOT void warranty, but if you damage the phone in the process in removing it, it voids warranty.

I ended up taking off the screen protector and using an Amazon one for a little bit. That bubbled up real bad so I actually took it off and have my screen raw and exposed at the moment
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi mozy, I suggest you to check with any nearest Samsung Experienced Stores to check for the availability of the screen protector.

0 Likes
cochrane_sean
Active Level 2
Galaxy Z

Same problem. But no Samsung Experience stores within 300 KM, and the 6 Samsung Authorized Service Centers won't touch this job.  What now? 

Galaxy Z
Mine has started doing this as well. Pretty ridiculous that Samsung makes it so hard to replace something so simple.
cochrane_sean
Active Level 2
Galaxy Z

Bubbles just started appearing right in the center of the fold for me.  Nearest Samsung Experience Store is over 300 KM away (only 1 in the entire province, and they couldn't be bothered to have it in the biggest city in the province, because that would make too much sense...).  The Samsung approved shops in town won't touch this job either.  I should have held out for the 22 Ultra...

egiser
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

Same issue here. My Fold 3 phone is 6 months old as well. I have care+ plan with that as well. However after spending hours on the phone with various Samsung technical teams I got in contact with Samsung Experience team. They have kindly booked the appointment for me. However, they immediately advised that I cannot remove screen protector and doing so will void warranty. However, since screen protector is kind of part of the phone samsung classed it as accessory and they would charge £35 for it. This surely this has to be covered by the warranty as this is due to the folding mechanism. 

I am really disappointed speding £1,699 ffor the phone cannot get the simple thing fixed.

Anyway, they have booked the repair appointment in store, however, they cannot tell me even if that experience store has any screen protectors. This is really shame. It's no guarantee that they will fix it for me in the end...

dgray2525
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Z

Same exact problem.  There aren't authorized or even independent service agents within 100 miles of my home.  And, we're supposed to send our phones away for days or weeks to be repaired??  Cmon, Samsung, you need to do better than that!

0 Likes