Original topic:

Z fold 3 power button sound

(Topic created on: 10-13-2021 08:27 AM)
sharurocks
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Z
My fold 3 power button is sound a noticeable click sound which is loud....while pressing the button its not as silent as other samsung phones buttons...is this a expected behavior or a button issue..
0 Likes
8 Comments
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy Z
The power button on my Flip 3 (which I'm pretty sure is the same as on the Fold 3) is also really clicky. I'm guessing that since it's a larger, wider button this is expected behavior. Usually samsung phones have small thin buttons which make a tactile but quiet click.
0 Likes
sharurocks
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
Do samsung honoring this case as replacement
0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy Z
If you want to return your phone because a button makes a noise when pressed, go for it. Samsung may or may not replace your phone, but be aware it's incredibly likely you'll end up with another one with the exact same click.
0 Likes
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
No it's suppose to be silent. We purchased 2 folds and 1 was perfect the other had the clicky type of metal hitting metal sound. After speaking with 4 samsung techs 3 or the 4 said it's a defect. There's lots of reddit posts on the issue and a few here also.
Also out of 4 friends who bought theres were all great no sound nice and silent.

Now is this noise a big issue I think it's more of just an pain hearing it knowing it should be silent but I don't think any long term issues will happen from it.
0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy Z
I don't think I've ever owned a Samsung phone with a completely silent power button. They've all have a a satisfying "click" to them, especially on the power buttons with the built in fingerprint reader.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the post but I don't see how this is an issue at all.
0 Likes
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
So yes if you push in and it makes that normal click however if he has same issue as myself ND others then if you just rub your finger lightly on the button it feels lose and makes a tapping metal to metal sound. So without even pushing on the button and lightly just brushing finger on button it's making a click not good sound
0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy Z
Oh I see now. My Flip 3 also does this, but so did my S10e so I assumed it's just a quirk of the power button/fingerprint reader combo. Could just be bad luck on my part but it doesn't bother me at all.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, we request you to check with the Samsung authorized service technician to examine the phone.

0 Likes