Original topic:

Z fold 3 still on July patch

(Topic created on: 09-28-2021 05:26 AM)
sharurocks
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Z
It's weird to see that my brand new fold 3 still on July security patch...I have purchased directly from samsung store unlocked and it's 2021 surprised to know that the updates are managed by service provider...what's the difference here from a unlocked vs carrier locked device...expecting samsung to control updates for unlocked ones 
4 Comments
jokkir
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
They're not. Samsung works directly with the major carriers to ensure that the software is all ready to go and the update is all released at once but depending on the phone model, it can get it a bit later than others due to issues they found (though I doubt that happens a lot).

I'd probably just be patient and it'll probably release today like what the Roger's and Telus update schedule implies. The S20 Ultra update wasn't up until a couple hours ago when I checked at like 4AM so it's definitely not all released right when it turns midnight. If not, it'll be up sooner or later (I also believe the updates for the Fold are a bit late compared to the S line of phones from what I noticed previously)
0 Likes
sharurocks
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
Yes it what it is today...thanks for the Info...
0 Likes
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
Yea they fired out the fold rushed it and behind on updates. You would think with a premium device that's suppose to Trump all that it would have latest updates.
0 Likes
sharurocks
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
I understand the market push to launch things prior the competition does...but I believe user experience plays top priority to brands..seems not with samsung...atleast I should be having the Aug security patch by now...based on the device being part of monthly security updates list
0 Likes