Original topic:

Z-Fold 5

(Topic created on: 02-26-2023 07:59 PM)
MrBBear
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Z
Do you think the upcoming Z-Fold 5 will have a built in S-Pen. I've been hearing rumours that it won't. Do you hope they will include it. 
6 Comments
AndrewJC
Active Level 5
Galaxy Z
Not unless the pen folds.
0 Likes
MrBBear
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
Why should the pen fold, they could easily fit a pen in the slot,just do a slight changes to the design, they fitted a pen in the Note and S22/23 Ultra
Galaxy Z
Rumours are saying no, partly due to Samsung rumoured to be using a different hinge system.
Having said that, we won't know until closer to August.

Looking at the Fold4, it would need to be wider to fit the spen, or they would need to reduce battery capacity, and no one wants that.
MrBBear
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
The Spen do not need to sit near the left side where the hinge is, they can always move to the right side and place it there, it could be due to the battery I'm not sure. I've noticed they changed the pen position on from the Galaxy Notes and both the S22 Ultra and S23 Ultra to the left now. Think the Note 9 was the last NOTE phone have the Spen slot on the right side. Not sure why Samsung did this. But like I mentioned could they put it on the right side of the Z fold 5
0 Likes
Galaxy Z
It could be a larger hinge.
Rumours are they will go the tear-drop hinge route, but will still maintain IPX8 certification.

Of course, these are rumours.

I wonder also, if the adjustable tip on the S-pen Fold Edition and S-pen Pro would be an issue to miniaturise?
0 Likes
MrBBear
Active Level 6
Galaxy Z
Would be funny if one of the Chinese branded fold phones will have a Spen in it, but I'm not sure if the Spen is patented by Samsung or can any other manufacturer include one. The Chinese do make some nice folds as well
0 Likes