Original topic:

PS5 resolution not supported

(Topic created on: 03-28-2021 07:52 AM)
Strider
Active Level 1
Options
Game Videos
So I've had my ps5 since launch. It and my Samsung tv were working fine.. then suddenly my tv starting saying that " external device resolution not supported" so I have to unpluge the HDMI from the ps5 and sometimes it works and some times it doesn't. I have a UN65KU6290 about 5 years old. I've read there have been issues with the HDMI and I'm hoping there's a fix of some sort and I don't have to buy a new tv. It's a roll of the dice everytime I turn on my PS5.. at this point I know it's not the ps5 could it be the HDMI or the tv?
8 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Game Videos

Or maybe because of Firmware updates 🤔

0 Likes
Strider
Active Level 1
Game Videos
nope everything is up to date.. tv and ps5
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Game Videos
Try a different HDMI port on the TV?
0 Likes
Strider
Active Level 1
Game Videos
that's what my next try was going to be. but I'm currently using the cable that cAme with the ps5.. supposedly it's HDMI 2.1 I don't know if that makes a difference
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Game Videos
Do you have another tv you can plug your ps5 into? I would try that and see if it's the cable or the tv!
0 Likes
Strider
Active Level 1
Game Videos
no tvs just a few computer monitors. I know this model has had HDMI issues reported.. I was just hoping mine would be the exception. I have Xbox and Nintendo switch hook into a HDMI switch and they occasionally hiccup but not often. I'm buying another HDMI cable today.. it's not like this tv has HDMI 2.1 ports anyway so I think I'm ok to swap out cables to see if that's it.
0 Likes
Strider
Active Level 1
Game Videos
so update... changed the cable... and same thing is happening.. 100 percent convinced it is my Samsung 65 inch tv.
0 Likes
Strider
Active Level 1
Game Videos
so it looks like I'm going to have to replace a Tv that is only four years old. the problem is worsening and it's now affecting other HDMI ports.. I have a switch connected and now some of those don't work... so I have to unplug and plug back in all of my devices..
0 Likes