cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

30 FPS CAPPED IN GAMES (LOW REFRESH RATE)

(Topic created on: 12-23-2022 05:16 PM)
Janix12
Active Level 3
Options
Gaming Hub
Hi Yesterday I noticed that my s22 is kept at a low refresh rate while playing games. My phones refresh rate is set to 120 hz. I tried re starting my phone its just dont work.
0 Likes
13 Comments
dorefrain
Active Level 7
Gaming Hub
I thought it's just happening only on mid-range phones.
I also experienced it while playing MLBB after updating to Android 13 One Ui 5.0.
I set my frame rate to from High to Ultra but it keeps on dropping.
maxq1
Active Level 7
Gaming Hub
First off, FPS is not equal to refresh rate. Here's a brief explanation for PCs but it also applies to mobile devices: https://history-computer.com/fps-vs-refresh-rate/#:~:text=FPS%2C%20which%20stands%20for%20frames,to%....

Second, it's not a hardware limitation. Our devices nowadays are more than capable of putting out moar fps at higher refresh rates. It's just the developers not enabling it (except for special arrangements like some do with Sony and most gaming phone makers).

So it's not just Sammy, it's everyone, even it's fruity rival. If you can get 50-60fps on 60hz (even if set to 120hz or higher), imho, you should be golden.
0 Likes
Janix12
Active Level 3
Gaming Hub
I made a mistake its 30fps capped. This happened after the recent update of s22.
0 Likes
maxq1
Active Level 7
Gaming Hub
What game? How are you reading your fps?
0 Likes
Janix12
Active Level 3
Gaming Hub
First of all it's very noticeable. Secondly I opened dev opt. Then show FPs and indeed it was capped at 30 fps when opening the game. Thirdly i ask our fb group of s22 and most of us have the same issue.

The game is Mobile Legends.

This happened after the recent update
0 Likes
maxq1
Active Level 7
Gaming Hub
Constant 30fps even on the actual match? If so, alamang the update borked the game nga. Tried clearing cache already or ran App Booster?
0 Likes
Janix12
Active Level 3
Gaming Hub
Been there done that.

Here's whats work for me
1: Turn the motion smoothness to standard it fix the FPS drop on ML

2: Make a custom routine for ML
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Gaming Hub

Hello Janix12,

Sorry to hear that, about your experience with the recent updates on your Samsung Galaxy S22 having issues with low refresh rate while playing games and we apologize for the inconvenience it caused you.

Before you try out the recommendations below, be sure to check if your device's software and related apps are updated to the latest version. To update your mobile device's software, follow these steps:

Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.

Step 2. Tap on Download and install.

Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Step 4. Restart your device. Then, check if its working fine.

If not, you can submit an error report through Samsung Members app as follows:

Step 1. Long press Samsung Members icon on Apps screen and tap Error reports.

Step 2. Tap OK on agreement popup to send system log data.

Step 3. Select Symptom category "Display" & "Application".

Step 4. Describe each problem in details and SEND.

How to submit an error report on Samsung Members app? | Samsung PH

For more assistance, you may contact us on our online Samsung support channels below.

https://samsung-livechat.sprinklr.com/seao/ph/index.html 

Or contact our Samsung direct hotline numbers below.

#GALAXY or #425299 [Mobile Phones & Tablets]
Available 24/7

1-800-10-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, PLDT]
1-800-8-7267864 [All Product, Toll Free, Globe]
842 221 11 [All Product, Landline]
Daily (8:00am to 8:00pm)

If the problem persists, immediately bring your device to the nearest Samsung Authorized Service Center.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/

Hope this content is helpful and your device's problem gets solved.

0 Likes
Janix12
Active Level 3
Gaming Hub
Hi my device was updated last dec 15 with the latest security patch. So i will not see any update available.

I maybe mistaken if it was caused by the recent update but this issue happened recently or with the games update.

I am a member of a samsung s22 group and a lot of us are experiencing this issue. Accodring to them it happened to them recently as well.

Our gaming experience is affected by this issue it was very slow frame rate.
0 Likes