Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Why I recommend other brands for gaming

(Topic created on: 02-07-2022 05:54 AM)
CrissCross
Active Level 5
Options
Gaming Hub
There are a lot of posts about Galaxy A devices lacking features or having underwhelming performance. I try to reply to them with one common theme; recommend other branded phones, especially when the post is about low gaming performance.

Galaxy A devices, specifically the lower half of the series, are not designed to be performers. In other words, not fit for moderate to heavy gaming. They are built to "last longer than most branded Android phones". Samsung emphasizes this by providing 1 or 2 years of Android updates and 3 to 4 years of security updates. Hardware-wise, lower end Galaxy A devices are powered by weaker CPUs for their prices. If you compare it to Xiaomi's or Poco's, you might see the chipsets they use are better even in the same price range. You can easily compare devices' performance by searching their Antutu Benchmark scores.

The reason why I recommend other brands when it comes to mobile gaming is I don't want others to feel scammed especially when other brands offer better devices at the same prices. I advice them to avoid buying another Galaxy A device just to see if it's better in gaming. **bleep**, I might not even recommend myself buying another Galaxy device even if I don't play mobile games.
5 Comments
maxq1
Active Level 7
Gaming Hub
Amen to this!
pham_hni
Expert Level 1
Gaming Hub
Why? But gaming on my samsung a51 is perfectly fine.
0 Likes
CrissCross
Active Level 5
Gaming Hub
The A5x and A7x (where x is equal to its generation) are fine for gaming. I would say that these models are the safest choice for most consumers.

The models that I don't recommend for gaming are the A32, A22, A12, A02/s, and their 5G variants. Other companies offer better performing devices for the same prices or even lower. Meaning, consumers make the most of their money from Redmi devices, Realme devices, or even the Poco X ones too.
0 Likes
Garriff
Active Level 4
Gaming Hub
i think yung na mention mo na A models belong sa low end ng A series.

parang unfair din naman na idiscredit ang quality ng Samsung phones in general just cause it didn't satisfy your expectations. may categories din kc yang phones, hindi lahat pareho ang specs. phone reviews are there for a reason for us consumers to gauge if a specific model is the right choice for us or hindi.

i own an A52 (mid range) and goods nman sya sa gaming. i play cod mobile and wla akong issues.

may reviews din na wouldn't recommend yang A32/A22 in terms sa gaming. hindi sya ideal.

but agree ako sa namention mo, may similar pricepoint sa ibang brands na capable sya enough for gaming, compared sa Ax ng samsung na namention mo.

but if you're a Samsung fan and gaming tlga ang main purpose mo, then one should invest for a mid range or even flagship models pra wlang palya.
0 Likes
janjan011400
Active Level 1
Gaming Hub
Wala na Puro bulok na update ng OS ng Samsung kakawalang gana na bumili ng Samsung ikalimang Samsung ko na to
0 Likes