Original topic:

Smart View | Chromecast Ultra

(Topic created on: 10-01-2021 11:23 AM)
Protonumus
Active Level 6
Options
Have Your Say
"Smart View" in the quick menu. 

Smart View can stream directly in high definition via fast internet connections, and play them back in the maximum supported resolution. 

Connect your mobile device to the same WiFi as your TV or Chromecast Ultra, and the Speakers. 

However, Smart View no longer recognises the Chromecast Ultra. 

Why? because the Samsung UI Team locked it. 

UI is a software product from Samsung. 

This has nothing to do with Google. 

I tried the Samsung HDMI cable, that doesn't work on the Z Flip3 5G (big bucks for nothing). 

Google Home, Cast is not a Smart View. 

As so, is a record and a delayed mirroring. 

This is direct, has high latency, and has graphics issues. Thus, I can not use it for cloud gaming or work. 

Smart View is like Netflix and YouTube, which redirect and display real-time data from the router. 

Fix it! Unlock Smart View for Chromecast Ultra. 

PS. Not everyone has a Wi-Fi Smart TV on hand as they rent property.
12 Comments
Solution
SamsungLaura
Options
Have Your Say

Hi @Protonumus, I apologise for the inconvenience. From Android 11 OS, Google's privacy policy was updated and is no longer compatible via SmartView. Instead, you can connect through the Google Home app which is available for download from the Google Play store and cast your screen. 

Protonumus
Active Level 6
Have Your Say
Xbox Series or PS4 is the other, and not a PS5 (no browser).
0 Likes
Members_0BDBuxF
Beginner Level 2
Have Your Say

How about Samsung actually make it so it's compatible with the Google policies then. Returning my s22+ for a Google Pixel, as between online meetings and work I need a strong phone that can actually work on different devices instead "only Samsung". God, companies always get greedy and ruin good things. And we know it's Samsungs fault as much as you try to say it's a Google policy. Lol at Samsung. 

cscooper2000
Beginner Level 4
Have Your Say

I just found this out the hard way--by purchasing a new s23 Ultra.  Looks like I'll be sending it back. 

Smart View was/is a daily driver for my life/work-style.  If it can't connect to Chromecast then I'm dead in the water.  Why? Because the Google Home app doesn't actually connect to speaker groups the way Smart View used to.

Funny that my old Note 9 is better in so many ways, and I can still use Smart View with Chromecast to speaker groups.

Thank Heavens for the return policy.

0 Likes
Protonumus
Active Level 6
Have Your Say
People are buying thousand+dollar products.

Please, provide a solution to keep them happy.

My solution is to buy the Xbox Series X | S for online applications, like Microsoft Office.
Jojejito
Active Level 6
Have Your Say

i don't think it's a SmartView Compatible issue. Have you spoken to google support if its enabled to perform on multiple devices?

It could possibly be locked via google as well. 

0 Likes
Protonumus
Active Level 6
Have Your Say
No, Google has no affiliation with One UI.

Google review, then certify the brand SDK adjustment and / or addition.

Other brands, don't have this problem.
0 Likes
Protonumus
Active Level 6
Have Your Say
Samsung recently removed the ability to use Smart View with anything other than a Samsung-branded device, such as a Samsung Smart TV or speaker.
0 Likes
cscooper2000
Beginner Level 4
Have Your Say

Not entirely true.  It looks like Chromecast-specific devices are affected here (4 of the 6 devices in my home).  So basically my Samsung and ROKU TV are the only devices that still work.

Sending back my brand new s23 Ultra.  I need Chromecast more than I need a 10x camera.  😭

0 Likes