Original topic:

G7 monitor repair

(Topic created on: 12-24-2022 12:25 AM)
Dave8
Active Level 1
Options
Monitor

Hi can anyone help

So my friend sent his G7 monitor in for repair via samsungs partnered repair shop . they dropped it off within the 12 month warranty . They dropped it off on the 14th nov 22 and waited several weeks with no update.  They contacted the place on the 10th Dec and said they were waiting for parts and would update them . on the 20th they phoned up again to be told samsung refused the parts. They also stated he coudl no longer have his monitor back as its no longer his and its in parts anyways and they will use them to repair other monitors.  He contacted samsung who said they no longer supply those parts for the monitor and they created a ticket and would get back to him.

Anyone advise what will happen ? I mean they literally just stole a monitor.

0 Likes
6 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Monitor

Call the police. 

Dave8
Active Level 1
Monitor

I did advise this and they are hoping to solve this with samsung first before they go to the police.

Nylah
Options
Monitor

Hi, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

As your'e in beginner level1 you don't have the access to send DM(direct message) and cannot share the details via DM(direct message), we request you to reach out to Live chat support team.

Please visit the given link to contact Live chat.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/contact/#contactinfo

0 Likes
Dave8
Active Level 1
Monitor

I will get them to reach out as this is unacceptable as samsung were the ones whom directed them to that place. 

0 Likes
Dave8
Active Level 1
Monitor

what level would i need to be to direct message you ? 

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Monitor

Here is a post from one of Samsung's Moderators, that should give you a better idea.

"In the Samsung Community Members, you don't find the option to send DM(direct message) when your'e in the Beginner Level.
However, if we have sent you a DM, you are able to reply back to us by clicking on the Message icon at the top right(Samsung Members) >> Inbox >> Reply to the DM (Direct Message).

Thank you for sharing the screenshot with Samsung Community Members."

So it would have been better if the Moderator would have sent YOU a Direct Message, then at least you could have replied to them. 

0 Likes