Original topic:

Disappointment

(Topic created on: 09-22-2021 11:47 PM)
Zephercat
Beginner Level 5
Options
Other

I recently switched back to Samsung from apple because the S21 offered a stylus. I had the note 4 and loved it. I had the Samsung gear and loved it. I love the camera on Samsung phones and the ability to download Gameboy emulators and play old Gameboy games. I bought the Galaxy Active 2 with LTE to use when I wanted to leave my phone at home.  I’m extremely disappointed in the watch because when you run it as a stand alone on LTE it constantly overheats and shuts down. I’ve sent it in three times for repairs and every time I get it back it continues to overheat immediately. You can’t wear it as a stand-alone as advertised by Samsung. If I wear it while walking for exercise and streaming music it also overheats. The S21 Ultra phone was advertised as having dual sim ability so I could put my work phone SIM card in and run my personal and work from from one phone. Except dual sim hasn’t been activated for Canada. I’m with a major phone provider - Telus - and all the other big smart phones brands run dual sims. I have a 400 dollar watch that’s only good as a paperweight and a phone I’m still paying off but no longer want to use. I’m disappointed with Samsung and am returning to Apple because they don’t advertise things their devices aren’t capable of. 

0 Likes
5 Comments
TBone
Expert Level 1
Other
Ya there are Definitely Inconsistencies in product. It's a know problem for samsung. a lot of the time no 2 products from different parts of the world, I.E North America and europe that are Supposed to be the same. But in reality they are built differently. I.E S20's of 2020, the crappy exynos 990 is horrible and it's snapdragon Counterparts where Significantly better. Actually I think it was something like a 20% difference in Performance in some cases. But both cost about $1800. Also Samsung often advertises all of their products being 5G capable but some products are not built with full 5G capability.
Geico
Active Level 8
Other
I have the S21 Ultra and I love it. Not because I've been using Samsung phones for a long time, it just cause it blows everything else out of the water. The only very close phones are iPhone 12 pro Max and 13. I have a S20 FE, used it for a couple days and it wasn't the same. I'd say keep the S21 Ultra and use it for photos and videos, if you aren't going to use it as a actual phone. Samsung tends to miss sometimes when it comes to certain things. But it definitely nails other things perfectly, that no one else can.
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Other
I've always been samsung fan and loyal for my many years, they have Lot of good stuff but they do miss the nail on stuff.and well there support is worst of all. So if you do end up needing to send so.ething in to them I'm pretty sure they accept the item,they turn it on and say ahh it works let's say it's good and return it.BUT if it's out of warranty then there's there's good chance they tell you the problem and will fix for this much $$ haha If you could pair samsung products with Apple support wow would it be an insane combo.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Other
Ya I'm pretty sure that's actually how Samsung test items under warranty. Probably use the built in testing in Samsung members, then send it back. That's probably why so many posts have been made over the few years I've been a part of this community about Samsung items being sent in for repairs under warranty multiple times. And never actually any thing being repaired.
uzairm87
Active Level 8
Other
Esim has enabled in USA with new beta. Might come in canada as well. It isn't mentioned as a feature in canadian models on samsungs site upto now so can't blame em there.