Original topic:

End of Summer

(Topic created on: 08-13-2019 02:51 AM)
ybur05
Active Level 5
Options
Other
I can say growing up in a tropical country, I was blessed to have an almost endless summer, at least climate wise. As the countdown begins before school starts, makes me ambivalent, excited to meet new people yet still wanting to stay up late and sleep in. However, one thing that thrills me the most was school supplies shopping, getting cute notebooks, scented stationeries, pencil crayons and a neat pen. I can say that a nice fine point sign pen is one thing I can't have without.  YES that was in the 90's hehe. Now, I shop for my kid's school supplies, not as much as how we would do back then though, because all we have to do now is to give a supplies fee at school. No more cute notebooks and stationeries, oh how fast the world have advanced in 20 years. My daughter starting in University barely had any school stuff in her bag just a laptop, 2 pens and a 20 page note book. So I ask her if there's an item she cannot have without in her bag what would it be? It was her laptop..I was like, oh because if she would ask me 20 years back, I would say my nice "pen". :)

#membermondays
4 Comments
jiggles
Active Level 6
Other
I remember the day when we were finally allowed to use a calculator, then my 2 daughters were young and couldn't do projects without a computer and printer. For a single mom, it was difficult. I have to say it must've paid off bc they text a whole paragraph b4 I even get a sentence lol. I'm a one finger type lol. I'm sure ppl see the bubbles and think I'm writing a book and I only come back with one line hahahha
0 Likes
ybur05
Active Level 5
Other
haha that's so true, Im just glad that we are in that generation where we are able to experience both simple and technical life.
0 Likes
Other
that scented stationeries?? do they still make that? hehe..
0 Likes
ybur05
Active Level 5
Other
I haven't seen one in a while
0 Likes