Original topic:

Samsung HTJ4500 has issues even after repair for bootloop

(Topic created on: 09-13-2020 09:54 AM)
Jay_86
Active Level 2
Options
Other

So, after long battle with Scam-sung, I was able to get the ticket for repair. Then sent the unit in for repair. They had no estimated time for repair anyway. Then got it back worked one day and on another day started showing symptoms.

Hello

BD/DVD

Load

Stop

With nothing on the screen. 

Nothing else works. 

I thought Samsung did own upto it's mistake but I was wrong. They sent such a part that they would not last for even a few days!!

Contacted Samsung again and all they said was they fixed the issue so now anything happens has to be paid for a fix! Seriously? Samsung offered repair so that I can use the unit and if I can't still use the unit what kind of repair did I get? My question of NOT BEING ABLE TO USE THE UNIT remains THE SAME as it was before. 

Samsung just doesn't seem caring about its customers. If they do, let me know how they are going to fix this? I know they won't 

9 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Other
Isn't there something about a world wide issue with Samsung bluray players caused by a XML file?
Jay_86
Active Level 2
Other

I don't know man I am not a technical guy but the whole point is that they messed up with people's unit and then offered "free" (and cheap) repair which caused another issue (more or less similar) that renders the unit totally not usable then what is the point of even buying my next TV of Samsung? I can't trust the company anymore if they say I am going to pay for the fix. Period. Sony is much better than this Scam-Sung. I have had another Sony dvd player since last 15 years that I am waiting to die so I can buy next one. That is called the classy product

0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Other
I hear you, i dropped Samsung TV's for Sony a few years ago and not looking back.
mytech
Expert Level 3
Other
@GG2 I have all Samsung tvs but my friends have all gone TCL with roku for like 1/2 price and they look great to me, im on the fence 🤷
GG2
Expert Level 3
Other
@mytech It's not that i dislike their products, it's when you have to deal with customer support that kills it for me.
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Other
@GG2 I have loads and loads of Samsung stuff, microwave, fridge, stove, washer, dryer, phones, tablets etc etc, I just like shhhhh to work! fingers crossed they continue to work 🤞 but my friend just bought a 4k 60" tv for like half the price 🤦
It Can mirror, it looks great and it got all them roku apps 🤷
Halston
Options
Other

Hi Jay_86,

We request you to contact our Live Chat support and they will help you with further options to fix it.

0 Likes
Jay_86
Active Level 2
Other

I contacted them earlier and they told me since they "fixed" the issue, now if anything happens I will have to pay for the fix. But the question still remains the same when did I get that "fix" that allowed me to use my unit? 

So, if you are offering the paid repair for the issue- that was not necessary BEFORE the bootloop issue- then it is just not acceptable.

RobertZ
Active Level 9
Other
They should be providing a short term warranty (like 30 days) after the repair.