Original topic:

Add foreign Bank Cards to Samsung Pay

(Topic created on: 07-04-2022 09:00 PM)
Samsung_uAQ5hPf
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

Hi,

I'm originally from Malaysia and have recently moved to Germany, I used to use samsung pay all day everyday back in malaysia because cashless is king. Now that i've moved to Germany, I cant add my German bank account card, N26, to Samsung Pay. FIX THIS SAMSUNG

6 Comments
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Others
Samsung makes variant phones and creates different Samsung pay apps. You'll need to purchase a phone in German to add your local card. Samsung doesn't accept global bank unlike Apple does. You can ask XDA for help on csc part to get around. That is all, I can say.

Note: Alternative use GPay that depends if the bank support GPay. If MST require then best to buy a phone in locally.
0 Likes
Zahed
Active Level 2
Others
Try Resetting your app from the Samsung Pay settings (Samsung Pay > Settings > General > Reset app ) then try adding your supported cards.

Second option is to reinstall the app and see if it works.

Good luck
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Others

Hi, Please note that the Samsung pay is a country-specific application. This is the reason why you might not be able to add cards from countries other than where the device is purchased.

0 Likes
karimeino
Beginner Level 2
Others

So, what you think to do?

I have to buy phine for each country i live in? 

techNFC
Active Level 1
Others

Yeah! This problem really must ABSOLUTELY be addressed and resolved, especially when it comes to adding other kinds of cards that are NOT bank cards such as transit cards! E.g. MIFARE Classic-based EasyCard, Calypso-based Navigo, FeliCa-based Smart Octopus, etc.

0 Likes
dnrats
Beginner Level 2
Others

I mean, samsung wants to compete with Apple, yet samsung does nothing to do that. Im honestly so frustrated right now. I think the next time i switch the phone, ill switch to apple. Im living in France, and i wanted a snapdragon version of s22 ultra. I bought it on Rakuten, but its an american version. I was using samsung pay for the past 3 or 4 years. And now, i just cant add my card  to Samsung wallet because its on the infinite processing, whenever i do the verification in the banking app. And not only that, but for the past 3 years i was waiting for samsung to add Revolut to samsung pay. But they didnt. So not only apple have nearly all the banks available in the apple pay, but also if you move to another country with your phone, or you buy your iphone in a foreign country, you can still use it in your country. This is so stupid and scandalous that i dont even know what to say. Now ill have to use my credit card physically, or ill need to transfer money from 1 bank to another and use google pay just to pay with my phone. My disappointment is immesurable like in that meme. Ill never forget this samsung.