Original topic:

Android Nearby Sharing

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 06:47 PM)
Tallman
Options
Others
Just read the news about Google Nearby Sharing in beta test. It is kind of like iOS Airdrop. It will install to Android 8 and above.

But we all use Samsung Galaxy phones, seems like Samsung user already have similar sharing method - Samsung Quick Share. Same thing? Right?

Anyone wants to read more, below is the news source:

12 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Others
nearby sharing also seems to work on my S10+
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Got it on my phone and tablet. File transfer seems faster with the stock Androif feature than with Samsung's. Plus the fact it works with all recent Android phones is a huge plus.
Others
Faster? Wow. Looking forward to this.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
No wait, I meant the pairing is faster. Takes less than a sec with the Google version, while the Samsung version takes many seconds. Sorry, poor English communication skills.

But I will test the speed though.
Kinsley
Options
Others

Hi @CHMultimedia,

For faster pairing, you can try Customising Quick Share Settings.

- Open the application that the file is located.

- Select the files you would like to share then tap on share.

- Tap on Quick Share.

- Tap on three dots right top corner.

- Select Settings.

- Click on Everyone.

Let us know if it helps you and also share the transfer speed after testing for Nearby Sharing.

0 Likes
EmCanc89
Active Level 5
Others
lol @Kinsley, Did you actually think ChMultimedia doesnt know all that? this is actually funny
Kinsley
Options
Others

Hi @EmCanc89,

Just in case if he misses this and also by sharing the information whoever reads this will have an idea how to do it and if anyone doesn't know about this will learn this.

0 Likes
Others
wow.. Google is installing it on phones their phones with Android 8 and above, meanwhile Samsung doesn't even care about its 2 year old top of the line smartphones. Very disappointing
0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Others

Hi @

0 Likes