Original topic:

Are you excited about the One UI 5.1 release?

(Topic created on: 02-26-2023 08:58 AM)
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Others

Hi Samsung Members!

As I'm sure many of you are aware, Samsung will be releasing One UI 5.1 for Galaxy S23 devices, and other Galaxy devices, in the coming weeks! 

This new software update will introduce exciting new features focusing on enhancing personalization, creativity, and convenience. 

Below are just some of the new features Galaxy users can look forward to:

• Widgets such as a dynamic weather widget and improved smart suggestions for enhanced user interface customization
  • Expanded multi-control between the Galaxy Book and smartphones
  • Camera enhancements for professional-quality photos

One-UI-5.1_PR_main3_edit_FF.jpgOne-UI-5.1_PR_main2_edit_F.jpg

The One UI 5.1 software update will now be on the Galaxy S23 series and start to roll out on the Galaxy S22 series, Z Fold4, Z  Flip4, S21 series, and S20 series. Updates for additional devices will be available in the upcoming weeks! 

For more details on features and releases, check out the Samsung Newsroom post.

I would love to hear from you if you have received One UI 5.1 yet, or if you are looking forward to the release! What features are you most excited about using? 

Warmly,

Jin @ Samsung Members Team Canada

42 Comments
Others
I updated my S22U and ZFold4 to OneUIi 5.1. So far the most excited features to me are Bixby Text Call and Stackable Widget.

Bixby Text Call very useful to me and tried couple times. Works really well while having meetings with my client.

And the Stackable Wiget, save a lot of space and I can group them together for easy access.

Hoping the Expert Raw can be implement into the existing camera app, that will be great.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
Is it available in English in 5.1?
0 Likes
Others
Yes
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Others
Um.. S23 already has 5.1
wahahah
Active Level 1
Others
Yeah that's why it says "start to roll out" on the rest of the series. But s23 has it now already.
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Others
No it literally says at the start that they will be releasing it for S23 and other device in coming weeks. It's bad wording as we all know it out already. 1677202362881.jpg
Oracle624
Beginner Level 2
Others
You dont see the comma? They said, "Samsung will be releasing One UI 5.1 for Galaxy S23 devices and other Galaxy devices in the coming weeks!"

They released one ui 5.1 on the s23 it came with it, yes, but they released the update on that phone. Now, since the comma is there and then "and other galaxy devices," that means they are releasing it to the other ones. After that is "in the coming weeks," meaning the update will come to the other devices in the coming weeks... 🤦
0 Likes
pmdesherb
Active Level 3
Others
Excited....I need more than a software upgrade to be excited. But one thing I can say is that my S22U seems "faster".
Jaimin399
Beginner Level 2
Others
There is a bug with the wallpaper color pallete in the new OneUI 5.1 update on my S22. I googled this and someone with S22 ultra has the same bug.

Since update One UI 5.1, the feature to change the wallpaper & style color palette no longer pops up after changing wallpaper. When going to it manually in settings, only the color palette of the last wallpaper prior to the update loads, there is still an option for the basic colors, but no option to get the wallpaper color palette refreshed for the current wallpaper.

I've tried restarting, toggling the color palette on and off, and nothing has worked so I'm assuming it's a bug with the latest update.

Please fix it in the next update soon.