Hey Samsung Members – thanks so much for joining the first ever live ‘ask an expert’ program in our community forum. We are excited to get started and look forward to answering all your questions! Below is a quick overview of the format we will use to ensure that everyone can follow along and to give you all the opportunity to have your questions answered. The event begins at 4PM EST sharp - and ends at 5PM EST. any questions that are still unanswered will be replied to via the community after the event.
- Please post one question as a “Comment” in this discussion thread
- The moderator will use the ‘reply’ function in the comment to your answer question based on the Expert panels’ input
- Only one reply per comment will be made during the event – if there are follow up questions please send them to the Moderator afterwards and we will ensure you get more info!
Some suggestions to keep things moving:
- Please allow a moment or two for your comment (question) to be replied to – we may need to leverage the knowledge of one or two people in the room to create a clear and accurate reply
- Please do not flood the forum with multiple comments (questions) – let’s give every Member a chance to ask – per above, we will be happy to continue replying during the days following the event
- Please follow our community guidelines at all times
This is the Thread for Ask an Expert! The Floor is now open! Please be courteous and treat everyone with respect :) Please feel free to post your questions below in this thread as comments.
Yesterday my Samsung Galaxy S9 started Updates without my agreeing.
Just the screen turned into blue screen with white robot on it . After the message appeared about Updates. The process looked unusual. I have se6how many full files pathes were run on black screen. I tried to turn off my device due to I have never experienced Update process like this. But all buttons were blocked. The process was finished and Restarted my device.
My question is Android Software Update can run like this or I should take care about safety of my device?
TIA fir any advice.
That mobile data toggle has been asked in the forum thousand times, i hope we will get answers from Samsung representatives...
Did you have a good time in NY at Unpacked?
Yes I always see lots of posts on the much desired Mobile Data Toggle. To clarify the #1 response i see posted in here regularly is the carriers have taken it out. That is not accurate. While Samsung has enabled this feature in other regions, in Canada there was a decision to have this feature removed. We have been reviewing the comments and requests to have this added back and have filter the requests backt to the R&D team to have this explored further. stay tuned for more updates.
and also thank you very much Samsung Members Canada for choosing me to go to NY.. that's an experience cannot be forgotten.. please extend my regards to Dawn.. :)
Sounds like there is an issue beyond the updated software. This likely needs to be looked at to determine what is happening as the update shouldn't have impacted camera quality. Have you taken this to our service center to have it looked at? If not that is what I recommend.