Original topic:

Audio out from Smart TV

(Topic created on: 07-01-2020 01:22 PM)
emillio3
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

I’m trying to connect the audio (only) FROM a Samsung Series 6000 HD LED TV TO an Onkyo AV Receiver HT-RC160. (I purchased both of them in 2011, so they’re getting a little long in the tooth. I only use the Onkyo to process audio signals, not TV signals—that’s way too complicated.)

Seems to me that this should be relatively simple and straightforward, but I’ve tried everything I can possibly find in the instruction manuals for both devices as well as online, with no success. I know the problem can be with either one of the devices, or possibly both of them, but I’m unable to eliminate either one.

Here’s what I’ve tried:

• Digital audio out (audio) on the TV to the optical digital in ports on the receiver (I tried them both)
  • HDMI from the TV to the receiver
  • Analog audio from audio out port on the TV to appropriate inputs on the receiver (although there are none labeled specifically for the TV)

In each case I scrupulously followed, to the best of my ability, all setup instructions I could find in the receiver manual for assigning jacks to an input selector. The only setting I could find on the TV was for external or internal speaker, but that does not seem immediately relevant.

I’ve managed to connect a VCR and a DVD player to the TV, and a cassette tape deck to the receiver with no problem—they all work fine—so I consider myself fairly competent. I’m confident that my various cables are good.

Can anyone please help solve this problem?

Many thanks!

0 Likes
2 Comments
Kinsley
Options
Others

Hey @emillio3

We appreciate your efforts in performing a few troubleshooting steps. I suggest you to contact our live chat support as they have an option to remotely access the device to determine the issue and help you further.

0 Likes
k10P10
Beginner Level 2
Others

i think on older model Samsung TVs have Optical out set to ON by default, meaning all the time you will have an audio output from Optical port. There was no settings for Internal or external speakers.