Original topic:

Bank App Making Me Change My Lock Screen Passcode Everytime It Updates

(Topic created on: 02-16-2022 05:42 PM)
Atsirt
Active Level 6
Options
Others
Is it possible for an app to make me change my phone screens lock screen password everytime it updates?
I use the CornerstoneCU Mobile App (its a banking app for a credit union), and everytime the app has an update it makes me change my lock screen passcode in order to be able to sign into my account. Can an app do this or is it something wrong with my phone? I do have 2 step auth turned on but I have that on in every app/account that gives that option and nothing else does this? No one has complained about the same issue in thier reviews on Google Play and unfortunately no one else I know uses the same bank/credit union as me. 
Has anyone ever experienced an issue like this? Is it even possible for an app to make me change my phones passcode?
The permissions needed are a little weird and the app page in playstore even says that more permissions may come in each update.
0 Likes
3 Comments
Vic20
Active Level 10
Others
Try sending an email to the app developer inquiring about the app behaviour. I never used them, but it never hurts to ask for an explanation.
-Tony
Options
Others

Hi, Please uninstall and re-install the bank app, check if the app is updated with the latest version.

SamSungtwo
Active Level 8
Others
There is something wrong. I would contact the bank regarding the app