Original topic:

Battery draining solution!

(Topic created on: 12-27-2020 03:26 PM)
ninifantastic
Active Level 5
Options
Others
do you charge your phone over night, charge when it's 0 and leave till it's a hundred, or keep it in the charge 24/7? if so, that may be one of the reasons to battery drain. it leaves battery life shorter and it affects the lifespan of the phone. my dad does this a lot even tho I tell him not to after I got my phone a few months ago. consider keeping the battery 40%-80%, maybe keeping it 80% before going to bed and don't charge it. keep it out of the charger during the day unless it's under 40%. one hour before going to bed charge it to 80%,like I mentioned before. hope this helps.
3 Comments
Halston
Options
Others

Hi sayuriakarihamako,

Thank you for taking the time to share this important information with us here in the community. I hope this will help our community members.

Below are a few more tips that will help in increasing battery life and how to get the best out of your battery in everyday usage and how to look after your battery.

You can check battery information such as how much time is left on your battery, switch to Power Saving Mode, or set app permissions to run in the background by going to Settings > Device Care (or Device Maintenance) > Battery.

- Avoid fully discharging your battery: On much older types of batteries, the advice used to be to discharge them completely. This is not the case for modern smartphone batteries. Completely discharging the battery on your device may reduce its life. It's best not to let your battery go under 20%.

- If your battery is charging slower than you expect, make sure you are using the right charger as the amperage on chargers can differ. Always use an official Samsung charger, preferably the one that came in the box. If you need to replace your charger, check that the amperage of your new charger is appropriate for the model of your device. The power output of the power source will also affect the charging time. Charging your device directly from a power outlet will charge it faster than if you plug it into your laptop.

- Make sure you have the latest software update available for your device.

- If you use your device for prolonged areas of poor reception, your device will use more power to communicating with your network operator.
- The use of mobile data in areas with the low signal can use a lot of power. Switch off mobile data if you are running short of battery and don't need it.

- Long screen time-out settings or high display brightness can substantially reduce battery time.

- Lower your brightness setting by pulling down the notifications menu and using the slider to adjust the brightness. You shouldn't need full brightness unless you are outside in direct sunlight.

- Out and about and running out of battery? Your device has a Power Saving Mode. Power Saving Mode differs slightly between devices but generally, it will close all unnecessary apps and screens so that you can substantially increase your battery time.

audiojfr
Active Level 6
Others
Paid 1500 for my phone I'm not going micro manage the way I use my phone !
The S20+ is a flagship phone it's supposed to be built to last. It's like buying a race car and micro managing the way to use it not to slow not fast !!!
Others
I charge it everyday to 100. Then turn off at night. Use for whole day, then charge again to 100, turn it off, use it another day. Been doing this for all of my phones. All works well at least 2 years.

My wife charged overnight at wireless charging for 2 years and battery still excellent.