Original topic:

BD-J5100 problems

(Topic created on: 06-24-2020 05:59 AM)
Nsitko
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

Since Saturday my blu-ray player seems to be stuck in some sort of boot up loop, makes a noise like it’s trying to read a disc but there is no disc inside. This happens immediately after plugging the unit in, and does not respond to any buttons in the machine or remote. Help?

0 Likes
5 Comments
mytech
Expert Level 3
Others
So when you turn it on does it stay on?

Anyway, child lock might be on, make sure you got good batteries in the remote then...
I think you hold
POWER + PLAY
OR
POWER +STOP
I forget 🤦
For like 4-5 seconds
That should remove child lock, or activate it 🤣

Second, maybe a disc or two is stuck inside?
Trust me this happens!
So if it's not the child lock, unplug the player and there is either pinhole on the front or bottom, some you press and some you slide, you'll have to look that up 🤙👍

Use a flashlight and look inside, I have a pair of tweezers with hockey tape on the ends as to not scratch the disc when I'm yanking one or two out, yet again 😤lol

If you have compressed air and you got the tray out I'd giver a blast!

Did you auto update the player lately or maybe it's on auto update?
0 Likes
Nsitko
Beginner Level 2
Others

It starts making noise as soon as you plug it in, doesn’t respond to any power/open button input or anything. No disks are inside. 

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Others
Hey@Nsitko,
We are aware of customers who have reported an issue with boot loops on some Blu-Ray players and we are looking into this further. We appreciate your patience while we are reviewing this issue.
You can also verify the steps provided by@mytech to resolve the issue.
Thanks, to@mytech for your information.
Nsitko
Beginner Level 2
Others

Thanks for the reply, I won’t toss it yet in hopes of a solution....in the mean time I ordered a replacement unit so my kids can watch their movies....

0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Others

i would assume this is not a mystery anymore. This problem is widespread in the ample sense of the word.

be prepared...

https://t.co/4O3SRMBD0D?amp=1

someone marked it as "solved", but the word "solved" has lost its original meaning long time ago in that community.

0 Likes