Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Cancel Samsung Care+ Upfront?

(Topic created on: 10-10-2021 05:39 PM)
kazutrash
Active Level 1
Options
Others

Hey I bought a Galaxy Book Pro 360 that had a defective wifi nic (reinstalling windows and various other steps didn't resolve), as a result I returned to BestBuy.

I had bought Care+ on the 7th, and have been trying since the 8th to get it refunded.

The automated system basically has option 1 for filing a claim, and option 2 for checking a claim status.

Nowhere for cancelling Care+.

Spoke to someone from the file claim team and they referred me back to the darn automated system.

Honest to God thinking of just filing a credit card dispute at this point. Live chat literally just tells me to call the same number again (866-371-9501).

Anyone succeeded in getting Care+ cancelled?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GodlessOrigin
Active Level 5
Others
Lol had the same problem with the Galaxy fold 2 . My home insurance covered me , Samsung was taking me through a run around . Now i don't bother with Samsung care , home insurance offered by most banks will cover it and give you cash to replace it .
Point is Samsung care + isn't worth it with alm the headaches from Samsung customer care.

View solution in context

8 Comments
Solution
GodlessOrigin
Active Level 5
Others
Lol had the same problem with the Galaxy fold 2 . My home insurance covered me , Samsung was taking me through a run around . Now i don't bother with Samsung care , home insurance offered by most banks will cover it and give you cash to replace it .
Point is Samsung care + isn't worth it with alm the headaches from Samsung customer care.
Georgine
Options
Others

Hi, Welcome to the Samsung Members Community Canada. Please check your Email and write back to us with the required information.

0 Likes
kazutrash
Active Level 1
Others

I did but I got a reply saying it's an unmonitored email and to contact customer care. 

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Others

Hi, Can you please check if you can DM me the request information?

Log in to the web version of Samsung Members community Canada (Link: https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/community/ct-p/ca-community ) and click on the Message icon at the top right(Samsung Members)>>send a message.

0 Likes
kazutrash
Active Level 1
Others

Sadly it doesn't give me that option. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 5.35.23 PM.png

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Others

Hi, As you are unable to share the details via DM, we request you to contact live chat so that they will forward your concern to the team and help you to cancel the care+ plan.

www.samsung.com/ca/livechat

0 Likes
kazutrash
Active Level 1
Others

I tried that and live chat refuses to help saying I need to call the 866 number which doesn't help. 

I'll just open the chargeback dispute.

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Others

Hi, we request you to contact WECARE support (932273) so that they will forward it to the team.

0 Likes