Original topic:

Chromebooks get an education refresh

(Topic created on: 02-19-2021 12:53 PM)
khtannnnnnnnnn
Expert Level 5
Options
Others

Chromebooks — which last year were largely used as classroom tools for writing reports and working on projects — are now the main way many students go to school. As distance learning takes place around the world, educators and students have had to quickly adapt to teaching and learning through Chromebooks. And along the way we’ve updated features and tools to make learning from anywhere easier. 

This year, we have 40 new devices and accessibility improvements coming so that every student can learn the way they want to. 

Tools to help educators teach from anywhere 

Teachers have long recorded lessons to help students do homework and study for tests, but in the past year it’s become downright critical for virtual learning. Which is why we’ve built a screen recording tool right into Chrome OS that is coming in the latest Chromebook update in March. With this tool, teachers and students can record lessons and reports in the classroom and at home.  

Easier ways for leaders to manage technology

Chrome Education Upgrade unlocks access to Google Admin Console, making it possible for schools to centrally manage massive fleets of Chromebooks. Now, there are over 500 Chrome policies in Google Admin Console, including new ones like Zero Touch Enrollment, which make it easier to deploy and manage Chromebooks at scale — even remotely.

As schools buy hundreds or even thousands of Chromebooks for teachers and students, it’s overwhelming to find the best device to purchase. To make it easier we’ve created a resource to help you find the right Chromebook for whatever you’re looking for — whether it’s in-class learning, virtual learning or devices for faculty and staff.

Updates that equip every student, everywhere 

We’re launching over 40 new Chromebooks. Many of them include convertible Chromebooks that function like a laptop and a tablet, and come with a stylus, touchscreen, and dual-cameras for students to take notes, edit videos, create podcasts, draw, publish digital books and record screencasts. Every new Chromebook is equipped to deliver exceptional Google Meet and Zoom experiences — right out of the box. We also have devices that can better support students with limited access to the internet, or in countries with strong mobile broadband networks. These devices, called Always Connected devices, have an LTE connectivity option that allows you to connect via your preferred cellular network.

Making education products that work for all students, also means creating accessibility features. And it turns out these features are helpful to everyone — including people with disabilities. ChromeVox, our full-featured screen reader, has new features including improved tutorials, the ability to search ChromeVox menus, and smooth voice switching that automatically changes the screen reader’s voice based on the language of the text. 

We are also making significant audio, video and reliability improvements to Meet on Chromebooks so it continues to work smoothly for everyone. 

How we’re setting the bar higher

As many students are learning from home, it has become even more important for parents and guardians to help support their child’s learning, while also making sure they’re safe online. We’re making it possible for families to add a Google Workspace for Education account to their child’s personal Google Account managed with Family Link. This lets children still log into the apps and websites they need with a school account, while making sure parents can still set guidelines for device and app usage. 

We’ll continue to listen and evolve Google for Education products so they benefit educators, leaders and students. To learn more about all of the upcoming improvements to Chromebooks and Chrome OS, subscribe to our Chrome Enterprise Release notes.

7 Comments
Others
Credits to the rightful owner of the news / info.
0 Likes
Carrolee
Beginner Level 2
Others

It's good news, and I'm glad to know it will help students with education. I'd also be glad for some app for writing and editing, as I need to do a lot of writing assignments, and thanks to these best nursing essay writers, now I can cope with my papers, They do a great job for me, and save me much time.

0 Likes
kaiden_arlen
Beginner Level 2
Others

I was having worries with writing my dissertation work, then I order my assignment help. They have a really proficient team of dissertation writers who made me great quality project at a worthy cost. If you don't have enough time or you don't wanna waste it - use this writing service. This guys from https://nursingwriting.org/ can write any type of essay paper you need. I know that doing your homework can take days. With the help of proficient writers, you can ask for help with anything. I just sent detailed requirements to paper writing service and started thinking about what to do in my free time!

0 Likes
Tived2003
Beginner Level 2
Others

it even amuses me a little, recently my father told me how difficult it was to study in the years of his youth, now with screen recording, Internet access and other things it has become much easier, but even then it is sometimes difficult for me to cope with everything (yes, yes, I know that I had to do it myself, but https://businesswritingservice.com/finance-homework-help helped me out a couple of times), and I no longer need to "get" information in libraries .... I wonder how they will my kids are learning...

0 Likes
jasminecampbell
Beginner Level 2
Others

You probably will be unable to write out a final-draft version of your thesis the primary time you strive, but you'll get yourself on the best track by writing down what you may have. Shona has a bachelor's and two master's levels, so she's a professional thesis writer. She has additionally labored as an editor and teacher, working with students in any respect totally different levels to enhance their educational writing. The thesis assertion ought to be positioned at the end of your essay introduction. After some initial analysis, you probably can formulate a tentative answer to this question.

0 Likes
dariohill
Beginner Level 2
Others

Car drifting simulator you dreamed of

Enjoy drifting & driving awesome cars. Explore beautiful maps, find your favourite drift locations. Do experiments with car tuning. And join the Drift Hunters community!

- Over 25 awesome drift cars. Drive your dreams!
- Detailed car tuning
- Car customization. Paint your car in any color with 4 types of paint. Change rims, paint rims. Stance it
- Upgrade performance of your car - make more skids
- 10 nice tracks for drifting, racing or just doing burnouts

With the coins you collect in endless game mode you can open new beautiful cars to drift.

Enjoy drifting.

0 Likes
Gatherer2
Active Level 1
Others
0 Likes