Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Clear cache?

(Topic created on: 09-20-2021 10:23 PM)
soccerdad
Active Level 6
Options
Others
Looking for the proper way to clear cache during a restart with A71?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

It should be:

Power off the phone > Press & HOLD the Power + Volume UP until you feel the phone vibrate > Release both buttons at the same time > wait a couple of seconds until you see the Recovery Menu > Use the Volume button to scroll down to "wipe cache" & Select with the Power button > Wait until the recovery menu defaults back to "Reboot now" & Select with the Power button.

Done. 

View solution in context

11 Comments
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

It should be:

Power off the phone > Press & HOLD the Power + Volume UP until you feel the phone vibrate > Release both buttons at the same time > wait a couple of seconds until you see the Recovery Menu > Use the Volume button to scroll down to "wipe cache" & Select with the Power button > Wait until the recovery menu defaults back to "Reboot now" & Select with the Power button.

Done. 

gblondie
Beginner Level 2
Others
That did not work for me & i did try it 3 times
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Others

Hi gblondie, Did you get any error while doing it.

0 Likes
gblondie
Beginner Level 2
Others
Thank you for replying, nothing happened.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Others

Hi, could you please try the following steps?

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
Press Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Bixby button is not required to boot the A71 into Recovery.

You only need to press & HOLD the Power & Volume UP buttons until the phone vibrates & then simultaneously release both.

I can't imagine any device taking 30 to 60 seconds until the Recovery Menu is displayed.. Maybe 5 seconds max. On devices I've had, the Recovery Menu is displayed almost instantly. 

0 Likes
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Others
Exactly what reddogravbit posted,I usually wait until it vibrates and then the Ndroid little guy pops up then I release both buttons.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Others

Hi, glad to see that the issue got resolved.

Thank you RedDogRabbit.

0 Likes
gblondie
Beginner Level 2
Others
What or where is the Bixby key?
0 Likes