Original topic:

Curved internal screen crack brushed off as physical damage

(Topic created on: 09-15-2022 04:36 PM)
Trevinbrand
Active Level 1
Options
Others

I recently bought a 32 inch curved Samsung Odyssey G5 about 5 months ago. One morning I woke up and there was a giant bubble down the middle of the screen. Samsung said this was physical damage from pressure to the screen but this monitor was sitting on a desk and this “crack”/ bubble appeared over night and looks nearly perfect down the middle. I live alone so no one could have possibly damaged it over night. I have seen this issue on other forums and it only seems to happen to curved screens. I have seen other people post saying this issue happened to their Samsung TV. Has anyone seen a bubble like this appear on its own? If so what could cause this screen to crack on its own? Would this be a manufacturer’s defect?

99B7EF7B-49E9-4A52-AB70-65F46BB868ED.png

AFF04748-344A-4DC5-95AD-C17E82EE8B2D.png

30 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Others

Hi, could you let us know the place of purchase of the device?

0 Likes
Trevinbrand
Active Level 1
Others

I bought this directly from the Samsung website.

0 Likes
Faatimao
Beginner Level 2
Others

Hi there. Please advise what was the outcome of this as my G7 had the exact same thing happen to it last week.

0 Likes
Trevinbrand
Active Level 1
Others

I spoke to support on the phone and they said it was determined that the crack was caused by pressure on the screen. I told them that was not possible, asked them to escalate the case and please look again. They told me the case would be looked at then my monitor just showed up on my door step. I called back support and they refused to reopen the case even after they told me they would look into it further so I gave up and bought a new monitor a long time ago.

0 Likes
rafa2kx
Beginner Level 2
Others

Hi, the exact same thing just happened yesterday to my Curved 27" LC27T550FDNXZA. I bought it online 6 months ago at samsung.com and when I submitted a ticket they replied the following:
"Samsung provides 12 months of warranty for device from date of purchase. However, it voids if device has any physical/cosmetic or liquid damages."

This is not right when a product is so poorly designed that it cracks itself with no cause. Can someone advise?

0 Likes
Trevinbrand
Active Level 1
Others

I just revisited this forum because I saw a different post about this and it reminded me I created one here. It looks like Samsung is getting away with selling faulty monitors and blowing it off as our fault. It’s been a year since this all happened and I’m still upset.

0 Likes
Coreythe2
Beginner Level 2
Others

Yeah same thing happened to me spend 286 on the thing for it to break itself I’m mad about this whats the point of making a monitor that breaks by itself I’ve only had it for 2 months 

stop making curved monitors if you can’t produce them properly 

0 Likes
wLLm
Active Level 1
Others

Very interesting. My screen (LC32G75TQSRXEN) did unfortunately just this last week, a straight crack almost exactly in the middle of the screen. The crack happened when I was away from the screen for a little and was watching TV, when I came back display looked like this. No damaged on the outside of the panel. 

Dislay is less than 8 months old. Going to open a case at Samsung.G71.jpegG72.jpeg

Trevinbrand
Active Level 1
Others

Let me know the outcome of this if you can remember. Hopefully if enough people have opened cases about this, they would have considered it a defect by now.