Did you mean: 

Original topic:

DECOLORIZATION OF REFRIGERATOR DOORS

(Topic created on: 06-03-2021 10:28 AM)
SGCowboy
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others
I bought a refrigerator model RT53K6257BS in 2018.  It's a 2 Dr 543L fridge. In 2019, I had the door replaced because of decolorization ( see attach photos). 2 years on, the same thing happened but this time round, the warranty is over. So I decided to have the doors replace with a different colour. Once bitten twice shy. To my surprise, Samsung refused to replace the door with a different colour although it is of similar model. Do not understand their stand on this from the technical dept to the top of the management. Now I am embarrassed each time my visitor asked me why the discoloration. I would like to caution consumers NOT to purchase any of Samsung appliances especially in Black colour. I am a firm believer I'm Samsung from mobile phone to washing machine and TV. I will stop using Samsung products from now on. A very disappointed consumer. 

3 Comments
SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Others

Hello SGCowboy . I am Faiz from Samsung.

We're sorry to learn of your experience. We understand that you have reached us pertaining to the fridge door issue. Rest assured, we are in the midst of raising an approval to allow the door to be changed from black to silver.

Thank You

0 Likes
SGCowboy
Beginner Level 2
Others

Hi Faiz! 

Thanks for the comforting note. Wilson Liong is in touch with me and assured me that someone from Tech Dept will be calling me today (4th May) for the arrangement for replacement.  

Looking forward for the replacement doors. 

0 Likes
OHHY
Beginner Level 2
Others

I had the same issue since the initial months and went back to the store for a quick check, was informed this is normal wear and tear and not under warrenty . After a year the internal paint started to peel off and become unsightly . I have requested for a change of door but the request was rejected and I have used this post as an example to show Samsung this is a inherent problem in their fridge. Ridiculous reply from the team saying they did not replace the door for you. What is the reply below then? 

Wilson Liong is in touch with me and assured me that someone from Tech Dept will be calling me today (4th May) for the arrangement for replacement. “

poor customer service , I have to call up so many times for them to update me on the status and rejection due to ridiculous reason

0 Likes