Original topic:

Defect Fridge Flooded Based but Samsung Refused to Pay

(Topic created on: 03-13-2021 09:56 AM)
User789
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

I almost set my username as "UnhappyUser", but decided against it, for I still have a SHRED of hope that Samsung will do the right thing and pay up for the damages that THEIR DEFECT PRODCT caused.

Here's what happened: I bought a Samsung Smart Fridge late 2020, for I really liked the smart feature. Little did I know what I got myself into. After I went to bed all happy about the fridge the day after it's delivered, we woke up to a flooded basement. It was a nightmare. The fridge apparently had to leaking the whole night, and water not only damaged the wall and ceiling of my basement, severely compromised the internal structure, and warped my hardwood floor on the first floor too. We raised the issue to Samsung and to Home depot right away. Homedepot was awesome and offer to replace the fridge. They also helped connecting me with Samsung insurance department. I sent over all the pictures and waited. Unfortunately, later when the technicians came, we could not reproduce the leakage. The part where water was spraying out (behind the filter) somehow fixed itself. I'm guessing perhaps it was blocked initially (like frozen or something) but later no longer blocked. But since the technician cannot  reproduce the issue, SAMSUNG REFUSE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY and decline the claim. 

So I'm already out 4k buying a fridge (which, for the record, I don't regret), but now I'm need to pay tens of thousand to pay for the damage it caused? That's utterly unacceptable! 

Samsung, if you are reading this, please direct me to someone in charge and can right the wrong. This is probably the 4th Samsung appliance I've purchased and please don't make it the last.

Thanks.

0 Likes
5 Comments
Others
Sorry about to hear your horrible experience 😨. I think only Moderators can help you out. Please wait for their response.
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Others
You will probably need to contact your own insurance for damages as i doubt you will get anything from Samsung. You should have stuck with "UnhappyUser".
0 Likes
Expret
Active Level 5
Others

hello. expert here. please accept excuses for the damage caused during the problem. agreing with gg2 user, contact insurance provider to get helped. you must should also consult for legal advice if samsung wants to not help. hopefully your situation goes better soon. hope it helps

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Others

Hi User789, Please check the direct message I sent you by following the below instructions and reply to us with the requested information. Log in to the web version of Samsung Members community Canada and click on the Message icon at the top right(Samsung Members) >> Inbox >> Reply to the DM(Direct Message).

0 Likes
Drskqc2234
Active Level 3
Others

allo?

0 Likes