Original topic:

Galaxy Book Pro is officially one of the world’s lightest laptops

(Topic created on: 04-28-2021 11:09 PM)
khtannnnnnnnnn
Expert Level 5
Options
Others

Samsung has unveiled its trio of Galaxy-branded notebooks earlier today, consisting of the Galaxy Book, the Galaxy Book Pro, and the Galaxy Book Pro 360. The first is an entry-level notebook that can be powered by Celeron / Pentium Gold CPUs, while the latter is a convertible device with a 360-degrees hinge.

The Galaxy Book Pro is the more conventional notebook with decent specs and a non-touchscreen design, though it’s almost breaking conventions thanks to its lightweight construction. It’s launching in two sizes (13.3-inch and 15.6-inch) and three CPU configurations. The laptop can be equipped with an 11th Gen Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 processor and 8GB / 16GB / 32GB of LPDDR4x RAM. Storage can go as high up as 1TB NVMe.

Different sizes have different GPU options

The 13.3-inch Galaxy Book Pro equipped with an Intel i3 CPU will be limited to Intel UHD Graphics, whereas the i5 and i7 models will boast an Intel Iris Xe graphics chip. The 15.6-inch model will be offered in a similar configuration except it will also be available with an NVIDIA GeForce MX450 graphics chip.

The size also determines whether or not the Galaxy Book Pro has an HDMI port and LTE. The smaller model will be available with LTE connectivity but it doesn’t have an HDMI port. In contrast, the 15.6-inch variant does have an HDMI port but it lacks LTE capabilities. Also worth noting that the 13.3-inch Galaxy Book Pro has a 63Wh battery whereas the larger model is equipped with a 68Wh unit.

1 Comment
MangoTango
Expert Level 3
Others
Cool
0 Likes