Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Store Advertising that FORCES you to Interact With It!

(Topic created on: 05-25-2022 06:43 PM)
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Options
Others

Samsung's Galaxy Store, has been forcing you to Interact with it's advertising now.

The "do not show again", is only for the Ad that is on your screen when you open the Galaxy Store, not ALL advertising.

At least while there's advertising on the Play Store, you don't have to interact with it, you can just ignore the Ads.

On the Galaxy Store, you HAVE to either Click on "do not show again", or "close" before you can proceed.

If only Samsung was so persistent & dedicated when it came to providing support & services... 🙄

Who is Samsung's target audience anyway, children or those eagerly awaiting the next Spell Caster's posts?? 

Screenshot_20220524_070632.jpg

Screenshot_20220524_070705.jpg

Screenshot_20220524_070727.jpg

Screenshot_20220524_070746.jpg

6 Comments
Others
This advertising has to be terminated asap. Whenever I go to the Galaxy Store to check for any new updates, I click on menu and there is always a pop up with an ad for a new game or app. I am totally fed up with this advertising.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Yes it's annoying, but what makes it offensive is that you can't even just ignore it, you HAVE to either Click on "do not show again" or "close". 

And who does Samsung think is opening the Galaxy Store.. 12 year olds based on the popup Ads.. 🙄 😡 

0 Likes
Solution
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Others
Aggressive and there is no option to disable it.

I long press the app icon to check for updates and otherwise never open the Galaxy Store. It is a wasteland of ads and low-quality applications.
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Others
Can make a shortcut with third party app or create shortcut directly. Tap and hold galaxy store till menu shows then tap and hold update apps till icons pop up move any homescreen good to go. This is better solution.
0 Likes
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Others
Assuming you want the icon on your homescreen, yes, that's an option. I do not want the Galaxy Store on my homescreen.
Experts
Active Level 5
Others

Well that's not super cool or convenient, rather cataclysmic! Wow! I wish this goes away soon because hey, I already only use this app for, you know, updates to samsung galaxy official apps! So okay, this does not help at all their cause! Yikes!

0 Likes