Original topic:

Galaxy Tab A Completely dead

(Topic created on: 06-25-2021 04:10 AM)
Protogen100
Active Level 1
Options
Others
My galaxy tablet really gave up on me, and its so weird how it just dies and keeps showing the black screen with white text that says my models name, until I charge it at least, please help
8 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Is it a Tablet or an S10? Title says one thing & the post says something else. 

0 Likes
Protogen100
Active Level 1
Others
Sorry bit tired when I made this, I meant a galaxy tab A, I hope it's more understandable.
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Others

Hi, Could you confirm if it is Tablet or S10? If it is S10, I suggest you please try performing the wipe cache partition by following the instruction below and check if the issue got resolved.

It's important to back up the information before you do a factory reset. Turn off the device.

Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.

When the Android logo displays, release both keys.

An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.

Press the Volume down key several times to highlight "Wipe cache partition".

Press Bixby / Power key to select.

Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.

When the process is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Protogen100
Active Level 1
Others
Sorry bit tired when I wrote this, but it is a galaxy tab A that shuts down when not on a charger, and loses battery very quick, I hope it makes more sense now.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

You said, "until I charge it at least". 

What happens when you charge it?

With little other information, it COULD be that the battery needs to be replaced? 

Wiping Cache is unlikely to resolve the issue, certainly with the very limited information you have provided. 

0 Likes
Protogen100
Active Level 1
Others
Hello, when I charge it, it stays on, for a long time, but I need to move around and bring my tablet places, which I cannot do because it will shut down. Wiping cache has been tried, but failed to work.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Others

Hi, please try the below steps and get back to us with the results.

Go to Samsung members app >> Phone care >> Interactive checks >> Tap on battery.

Also, try backup and reset, reset your device after a backup of the data. Otherwise, it will erase all the data. Get back to us with the results. Here are the steps to backup your data: Backup from Samsung account--Apps > Settings > Cloud > Backup > Select the data > Back up now.

Backup from Google account--Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.

Here are the steps for factory reset, settings>>General management>>Reset>>Factory data reset>>Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset>> Delete All.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

It really sounds like the battery needs to be replaced. You might want to visit a Samsung Service center to have it checked out.

I don't think that a Factory Reset will help.