Original topic:

⭐Hot Topic – December 31 2021⭐

(Topic created on: 01-01-2022 04:41 AM)
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Others

Hey Samsung Members, 💙

On behalf of the Samsung Members Team, we would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year’s Eve! We hope everyone had an amazing holiday break, and have some fun plans for the upcoming year. We would love to hear about your New Year’s resolutions below!

With 2021 coming to an end, we would also like to hear your thoughts from this year:

• What was your favourite Samsung device, feature or product?
  • What was one of your key highlights on Samsung Members this year?
  • What do you wish to see on Samsung Members next year?

Thanks for tuning in. Happy New Year!

Cheers,

The Samsung Members Team

blakecollins9
Active Level 1
Others
Pmg
0 Likes
FA11
Active Level 5
Others
Purchased my z flip 3 which I love and my wish is for samsung to recognize the Canadian market a little better by supplying us with software updates and betas
rageandlove
Active Level 1
Others
Canada loves stuff too. We have intelligent opinions, ideas, talents & abilities. Super smart Canadians are bred here (lol).
Just ask us something.
Dur-P
Active Level 2
Others
And not to mention more disposable income
0 Likes
rageandlove
Active Level 1
Others
You may think that but it depends where you live. Toronto and Vancouver are priced out of reach. You have to grandfather your children your house if you want them to have a home of their own. But for most it's a Boulevard of Broken Dreams.
0 Likes
rageandlove
Active Level 1
Others
I don't actually know where you get the idea of more disposable income because I think that's completely wrong. We pay high taxes high exchange rates high duties high utility rates, not to mention the ridiculous prices we pay for cell phones and cell phone plans especially, & more.
In Metro Vancouver, right now, you'll be lucky to get a one-bedroom apartment for $2,000, IF you can find one. There are 30 applicants at least for every single place that you look at to rent. My daughter s a Red Seal Foreman Ironworker in the Union, and she's living in an SRO. That is not for lack of income. In the 80s Vancouver was advertised to foreign investors and many many lands in Vancouver were bought. Many of these homes have sat vacant for years. Sure the foreign investment was great for our economy AT THE TIME, but all this did was force the prices higher and higher and higher until out of reach. The down payments alone takes everything you have and more if if you can get it together. A couple, both college educated with good paying jobs often can't afford a home. That doesn't bode well for the rest of us. Nor for future generations. (I'm speaking of first time buyers for the most part here.)
Back to the vacant homes. A Vacant Property tax has been imposed but it doesn't really combat much. Foreign owners install family for part of the year.
If we do have more disposable income, it's spent before we can even take it out of our pocket. My parents retired in America for the sole reason of economics.
But Canada is beautiful. And Vancouver is most beautiful city in the world many would agree and whether it's a trade-off or not you can't help but want to live here. Come visit well not yet LOL happy New Year
0 Likes
Dur-P
Active Level 2
Others
Excluding two cities out of a country of 30 million people... I live in Canada I'm doing just fine. Also have you noticed on YouTube there are more tech channels from Canadians then Americans? Especially considering they have 10 times the population?
0 Likes
rageandlove
Active Level 1
Others
Aah, that brings me round to my first comment: Smart is in our genes, lol.
I live in a logging and fishing town on Vancouver Island and both industries are near decimated. We're seeing the same thing here on a slightly lower scale but then the opportunities and wages aren't there either so you know I mean definitely this differences across the country but I wouldn't say that we have more disposable income as a rule than Americans. Good chat though, thank you. I've got to get ready for work so have a great day.
0 Likes
Dur-P
Active Level 2
Others
You seem mad.... Are you ok?
0 Likes
rageandlove
Active Level 1
Others
Of course not 😖.
"Good chat, gtg"....fighting words??
And it's sis.