Original topic:

๐ŸŠHow and when do you celebrate the New Years?๐ŸŠ

(Topic created on: 01-13-2020 05:20 PM)
Options
Others

Hey Samsung Members!

3138537.jpg

Background photo created by freepik - www.freepik.com

We just finished celebrating the new year.  We are in full swing into 2020 and with the lunar new year coming up at the end of the month it got us thinking about all the ways that people from different cultures and backgrounds celebrate a New Year.   Tell us how and when you celebrate the new year! Please post your responses in the Lifestyle section, or comment below!

Cheers,

The Samsung Members Team

22 Comments
dance2020
Active Level 5
Others
I stay up till Jan 1 than clean up then go to bed # newyear๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others
Message de Jeremy

Comment et quand avez-vous cรฉlรฉbrez le Nouvel An? ๐ŸŠ

Nous venons de terminer la cรฉlรฉbration de la nouvelle annรฉe. Nous battons son plein en 2020 et avec le nouvel an lunaire ร  la fin du mois, cela nous a fait rรฉflรฉchir ร  toutes les faรงons dont les gens de cultures et d'horizons diffรฉrents cรฉlรจbrent le Nouvel An. Dites-nous comment et quand vous cรฉlรฉbrez la nouvelle annรฉe! Veuillez poster vos rรฉponses dans la section Style de vie, ou commenter ci-dessous!

ร€ votre santรฉ,

L'รฉquipe des membres Samsung

P.S. IT took me 5 seconds to do that and it reach all the Community...should be fun to do that next time, is this a good idea ?
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Nous battons son plein ๐Ÿคฃ
Others
Usually, we celebrate New Year, with a Bang! i mean lots of firecrackers everywhere on the road, with lots of food, with fruits shaped as circle, its been a tradition back home, but here in Canada, its very different, i celebrate New Year at Work! hahaha.. working in the hospital, spending your time with the patients, greeting them Happy New Year! I feel like change is always there, but this time giving your help and making somebody happy is one BIG accomplishment before the New Year end or as you welcome the New Year! :smiling-face: Happy New Year everyone!

#membermondays
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
I celebrate the increase of a digit at the end of a timestamp by resting. The end of year can be very eventful (I don't mean event like parties, but more like bureaucracy madness) and the fact that almost nobody (except in essential services as provisioned by law) works on this particular day allows one to just rest.
wonder01
Active Level 10
Others
I spend it with my children wait for midnight and watch my kids get all excited . that's it followed with work in the A.M ๐Ÿ˜†
#membermondays
Others
That's a good one!
#membermondays
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others
CHMultimedia
Mieux vaut รฉcrire quelque chose en franรงais que rien du tout...Battons donc notre plein ๐Ÿฅณ
seobro
Active Level 6
Others

Growing up in Canada as a Korean, we end up celebrating New Year's twice; once during the actual jump into New Year and once during the Lunar New Year. Regular New Year's celebration is just your standard celebration... Stay up until 12am, eat some good food and go into the New Year together. This year it was just our family and we all did a toast right as the clock hit 12.

With Lunar New Year's celebration, it gets darn festive here :face-with-tears-of-joy: Lots of (in my opinion) even better food, playing traditional games and getting the family together to signify a new beginning together. When I was younger we used to get New Year's money from our elders as tradition, so that was fun. Now I gotta earn that money hah... Can't wait to celebrate Lunar New Year at the end of the month!