Original topic:

How do I allow a software update over mobile data?

(Topic created on: 01-06-2022 10:21 AM)
Saaib
Active Level 2
Options
Others
Does everyone's phone face the same problem where you cant download software updates by your data? Why Samsung following apple 🗑🚮 setting where you need an android hotspot to download the software update🤦🏽‍♂️
8 Comments
SamuarJoe
Active Level 3
Others
don't know, mine download update just fine under 5G network
Hxzeem
Active Level 6
Others
no issue at all, there's a button for you to continue to update the software through data plan with a warning of extra charges.

should your network allowing you to update (download) big size of data? did you subscribing to any unlimited plan? you can check the size of update data from scrolling down update window below. for major update it may take more than 1 or 2 gb plus size of data.
Others
No issue here , jus using mobile data to download the software update (around 2GB) . Can u provide some screenshoot what is showing when u want run for the update?
Saaib
Active Level 2
Others
I followed the recommendations from Samsung but it didn't help Screenshot_20220106-100740_Software update.jpgScreenshot_20220106-100609_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220106-100600_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Lapwing68
Beginner Level 2
Others

I have exactly the same problem with my S21 Ultra on O2. It's ridiculous.

Saaib
Active Level 2
Others
Kannn. Needed to use wifi. Then if someone don't wifi kena guna hotspot member😂😂😂
0 Likes
Others

As you've no doubt determined by now,  Samsung is big on making that which is normally an option, mandatory instead. If you've found some way to mitigate their mandatory update via wifi, I would love to hear it. Otherwise, I'm fairly certain there's no way around it. If you're a reclusive hermit like myself, that doesn't leave many options but if you've got any nearby friends, family, or co-workers with a data plan, you could always just have them turn on their hotspot for a few minutes (or longer as you'll rarely see much more than 10% of a plan's full bandwidth when using a hotspot).

0 Likes
Jonben
Beginner Level 3
Others

I have the exact same problem on my A34. I have an unlimited 5g data plan. When I tap "Download and install", it prompts me to connect to a wifi network. It does not give the option to download anyway. I have googled the issue and tried a few workarounds but nothing helps. For the Android system updates, I do have the prompt allowing me to download via data. I hope this bug gets fixed ASAP

0 Likes