Original topic:

How do I allow a software update over mobile data?

(Topic created on: 01-06-2022 10:21 AM)
Saaib
Active Level 2
Options
Others
Does everyone's phone face the same problem where you cant download software updates by your data? Why Samsung following apple 🗑🚮 setting where you need an android hotspot to download the software update🤦🏽‍♂️
6 Comments
SamuarJoe
Active Level 3
Options
Others
don't know, mine download update just fine under 5G network
Hxzeem
Active Level 4
Options
Others
no issue at all, there's a button for you to continue to update the software through data plan with a warning of extra charges.

should your network allowing you to update (download) big size of data? did you subscribing to any unlimited plan? you can check the size of update data from scrolling down update window below. for major update it may take more than 1 or 2 gb plus size of data.
renwei89
Options
Others
No issue here , jus using mobile data to download the software update (around 2GB) . Can u provide some screenshoot what is showing when u want run for the update?
Saaib
Active Level 2
Options
Others
I followed the recommendations from Samsung but it didn't help Screenshot_20220106-100740_Software update.jpgScreenshot_20220106-100609_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220106-100600_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Lapwing68
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

I have exactly the same problem with my S21 Ultra on O2. It's ridiculous.

Saaib
Active Level 2
Options
Others
Kannn. Needed to use wifi. Then if someone don't wifi kena guna hotspot member😂😂😂
0 Likes