Original topic:

How do i lose my first job with a English Employer ?

(Topic created on: 11-28-2019 09:35 AM)
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Options
Others

(Loose or lose ?)

This is a true story, so don't laugh at me. 

It was my first job in Montreal and each day i have to talk with Toronto's Head Office. I'd really like my job, really 

And one day, the BIG BOSS call me directly to get answers, he asked me about a important shipment and i was the responsible person for inventory products. 

I didn't found the papers HE need, so i told him this : I don't find your sheets BUT I pronounce it like that : I don't find your S H I T, and I got fired. 

Since that time, i don't trust any of my answers in English,  so if never I insult you, it could be a mistake...don't  forget it (or i really insult  you lol)

P.S. I am still disturb with this real story 50 years later 😎
13 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Others
your posts are pretty good for not being english! keep it up
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others

Thanks Habsfan, I practice my english here

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
No job yet because businesses avoid people like me but I also wish to point out that I'm not a native English speaker so keep it in mind if I ever offend you by mistake.

PS: It's lose.
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Others
Ah he wasn't worth working for if he didn't have a little sense of humour anyways.
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Others
Wow. I would consider that wrongful dismissal. It's pretty clear English is not your native tongue and it should be expected that there may be a language barrier. The employer was in the wrong in my view. Wonder what would have happened if Ministry of Labour received complaint and investigated...
0 Likes
Others
Happened 50 years ago according to @Cassidy & pretty sure that 50 years ago the climate of intolerance between Montreal & Toronto wasn't a shining example of employee's rights - Don't know how much better it is today... 🐧
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others

Shaggyskunk1 say Happened 50 years ago according to @Cassidy & pretty sure that 50 years ago the climate of intolerance between Montreal & Toronto wasn't a shining example of employee's rights - Don't know how much better it is today...

I don't really want to start a fight with this but I think you know the answer. Just look what did Doug Ford when he announce he terminates the University of Ontario project in France and dissolves the Office of the French Language Services Commissioner, raising the issue of **bleep**-Ontarians.

Not sure it's better when I have to fight with Samsung to get same service than english people get.

Not sure also when i read the reaction of canadians from others country who don't know what mean fighting to don't be assimilated

Not sure when we see Canadian Government giving all contracts to Irving and nothing to the Davies Company

Not sure why Candian Government don't want to help Bombardier C-Series because it was a quebecer's Company

Canadian government did nothing to stop all illegals migrants from Chemin Roxane in Quebec, it's unacceptable to encourage illegitimate migrants when legal people are waiting to enter legally...
We are not a garbage can.

I can continue all night with those kind of exemple...Not all the Quebecer want to quit Canada BUT rest of Canada force us to did it..

Are you sure you want to start something on this subject ?

So, is it better today, i will say no, problem only grows and grows and became national instead of being provincial. How do you see this from another province ?

But i am still proud being a canadian
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
Conservatives made it clear they seek to reduce services to "give money back to people" and reduce debt.
I do not believe that Ontarains said "Yeah let's cut services for French people", like how I'm absolutely certain they never asked the government to cut services for people with disabilities.

I have learned, by being victim of it, that generalizing is very harmful and too frequently leads to misjudgments. I could be the first to say that Ontarians despise people with disabilities but that would be completely wrong and I know that.

(Also this year the PM got in trouble for trying to save SNC-Lavalin. I mean, that's big. He nearly lost his shirt to save a major QC company)
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others
CHMulimedia
it is only because he and his family have big interests in that Company, nothing else..Think about it !
(my father was near of this family)
0 Likes