Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

It's hilarious but it must stop

(Topic created on: 07-13-2020 06:05 AM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Others
Okay, I'm dying right now. Something incredibly pathetic is happening on the forums and while I've dealt with it with diligence and laughter, I think it's time to put an end to it.

I don't usually publicly ask for corrective measures against members, only having done so once in the past (and I'd very much rather not do this kind of intervention), but their persistance is proof that they aren't simply making a mistake without realizing it. Furthermore, the deceptive nature of the situation at hand only adds more weight to the perception that this user's intents are malicious and selfish.

A user here is scrubbing the forum for opportunities to generate money for their own website. The website has an alarming amount of ads, some of which present themselves as deceptive pages replicating some well-known sites (like YouTube, Google or Facebook), prompting the user to take some actions which could cause them to constantly receive pop-up notifications on their device, install malware, getting their credit card info stolen or ending up calling a tech support scam number.

It is a very serious problem as not everyone here are tech-savvy enough to be able to distinguish between these harmful ads and the real deal. By the mere nature of this place, a tech support forum, there is a high number of people who would be vulnerable to this situation.

So I propose, no, I beg that someone, anyone, will take the following actions:
1- Ban the user. This is not the first such "trick" they employed to make easy money from this platform
2- In the future, ban all links that lead to personal websites that have ads or beg for money. In this case, the website that was linked didn't even cost money to operate, being a free blog hosted by Blogger (Google).

PS: The aforementioned blog is quite a disaster. With a "per minute" visit counter which is in reality an "all time" visit counter, the previously mentioned ad mess and now a donation button (🤣🤣🤣 donate to support their blog they say, lol!) and the shamelessly stolen content, it's not even a worthy addition to the forum.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Kinsley
Options
Others

Thanks, CHMultimedia, and Cassidy. we will review it and necessary action to keep the forum Safe.

View solution in context

19 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others

Why don't  you give his (her )  name,i t's  not the first time this person does that and if Samsung's Moderators don't  ban this person it will continue again  and again. Tallman show us some pop-up windows that are generate by all the links provided by @Makeanimationssmooth.

@Tallman  also advertise  than the website provide can broke our Samsung's device, where is the Samsung's Members  Manager to resolve this junk ?

If Moderators don't  do nothing, this mean this forum is a real free for all and anybody  can do what they want without  sanctions and this is inacceptable. 

@Makeanimationssmooth  intents are malicious and selfish. Moderators, please do something. 

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
I didn't want to publicly shame the user either. It creates an unhealthy environment.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others

@CHMultimedia  wrote : I didn't want to publicly shame the user either. It creates an unhealthy environment.

All regulars Samsung's Members Users know how this person act since the beginning to make money and to became a Expert by stoling everybody articles or links like if he was the author and like YOU i think Enough is Enough.

If Moderators don't care when this person give us malecious links, who will care about Samsung's Members  Users  ? Can we excuse Somebody that is always making trouble only because  he say : Oh, i'm  sorry, i corrected this  mistake ?

Everything  this person does is not for the benefict of this forum, the only thing he wants is to make money even if that implicate the corruption  of your device by stoling your personnal informations. 

This should STOP

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
I get your point and I agree, but I still don't think a doxxing of sorts would be in the best interest.

Anyway, the person has already come forth to... "address" the issue so it doesn't matter anymore.
0 Likes
Others
I do source if you check btw
0 Likes
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Others
The biggest question over here is why can't samsung give you mod rights to this forum already? @chmultimedia
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others

@Ctangbc says The biggest question over here is why can't samsung give you mod rights to this forum already? @chmultimedia

Samsung  will never give him the Ambassador right because sometime he criticize Samsung's products...even if he is the best one here with Shaggyskunk1 

0 Likes
Others
Can't a user help other users? The blog's a collection of articles that are helpful for a platform such as this where people are in demand of help. If there are people looking for help, they shouldn't scramble everywhere in search of help.

P.S:
check the 'about' section of the site
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
You're not here to help. You're here to make a quick buck. Your pathetic blog is a collection of stolen content from other websites. If there are people looking for content, they shouldn't be inundated with malicious ads. Make your own content and don't self-promote it. The End.

PS: "CEO"?! Ah hahahahahahahaha!!!!😂😂😂😂😂