Original topic:

Latest TV update ruined Audio Output and Automatically Reverts Back to TV Speakers

(Topic created on: 07-06-2022 01:50 PM)
Samsung_5vHtu5R
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

The latest update for Samsung Q TVs, Version 2001.3, has ruined audio output via AV receiver and HDMI soundbars. 

I have a QN85A I bought not long ago and it was working perfectly with my Pioneer LX105 and my HW-Q60T/ZC. After the TV update to 2001.3 (which I regret), the TV reverts back to TV speakers automatically 10-15 seconds later unless you play with the volume of the AV receiver or soundbar which it swaps back to before going back to TV speakers in 10 seconds; rinse and repeat.

I have factory reset the TV, AV receiver, and soundbar. I have tried updating the TV firmware via USB. It is 2001.3 on the TV which is causing the problems. 

It is widely reported by other users ever since 2001.3 came out, however Samsung refuses to admit something is wrong. https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/audio-output-keeps-switching-to-tv-speakers/td-p/3831034/page...

I really hope the next software update will fix it, however that could be months so I'm more likely to just return it for a Sony or LG. I wish we could roll back firmware or reset to firmware it came in with new. 

I believe the only way it'll be fixed is if Linus or other big influencers humiliate Samsung again.

0 Likes
4 Comments
-Tony
Options
Others

Hi, We regret the inconvenience caused.
Please get your TV Examined by the Authorized Technician to determine the root cause of the issue.
Follow the below steps to know the nearest Authorized Service center to your area.
- Open the link: https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/
- Click on the TV and AV category.
- Select TV and enter your postal code in the search area.
- Tap the 50+KM option.

0 Likes
yannickdery
Beginner Level 2
Others
sony
0 Likes
yannickdery
Beginner Level 2
Others
t
yannick