cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Launcher

(Topic created on: 12-05-2022 04:20 PM)
Others
I've heard about the Nova and Niagara launchers from posts and comments in this app. Users, which one is the best and why?
9 Comments
Others
I'm using NOVA launcher. 👍😉
0 Likes
-Vlad-
Active Level 4
Others
Premium Nova user for years now. Never looked back.
0 Likes
DavEviL
Active Level 3
Others
Meron ako pareho nova pro at Niagara pro,nova pro if gusto mo ng mas maraming customization yung niagara nman for minimalist but npaka snappy mag scroll ng apps,mas maganda if malaki yung phone mo like s22 ultra.Pero if gusto mo mas detail comparison nla search HowToMen on youtube meron cia comparison on both launcher.dagdag ko na rn kwgt app para sa widget.
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Others

Thank you, summeRamirez, for sharing the engagement topic about launcher preferences, here.

0 Likes
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Others
For customization? Nova. You can tailor it any way you like. The home screen, the app screen, how they animate as you scroll through them, how they look, icon packs, folders, all of them you can tweak to your preferences. Might be overwhelming at first to have all these doors open for you, and as someone I know that posts her monthly home screen set up, I'm sure you'll be spending a lot of time setting up yours. I said lots of time because of how much you can change, not because it's difficult.

For a unique and minimalist experience? Niagara. Not as customizable as Nova, but the difference in aesthetic is very apparent. Might take a while to get used to it, but once you do, it's hard to go back. Its aim, though, is to facilitate you into using your phone less, and it does this through various methods subtly, of course.

One thing I am sure of, you will see how limiting One UI home + Good/Fine/Nice lock is once you try any 3rd party launcher. Just applying icon packs is so easy on both of these alone. No more mismatched icons!

Good luck on your choice. Both have free versions, but Niagra has a 7 day free trial of its Pro version so you can see what you are paying for. Nova doesn't but you can see what they offer in app. Nova is considered an institution on Android for how long it has been developed (and it still is). Can't go wrong with these two.
Others
Oh there you are! I was waiting for your reply 😊 I've read reviews and watched YouTube tutorials and I am excited about the customization although for sure it's going to send me down a rabbit hole 🤣 would you know how much the PRO version costs for the two? And do they support multiple devices under one purchase?

I've also read that Nova isn't as optimized for Foldables yet. I'm not sure if it's the same for Niagara. Since my main driver is now a Fold4 I'm thinking of using it on my tablet or my Note20U5G.
0 Likes
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Others
Purchases for both are tied to your google account so you can use it on all of your devices as long as they're signed in. Nova is cheaper than Niagara because Nova has been contracted by some phone companies as their default launcher (proof of its stability and fame). So the cost is subsidized by that. Niagara is still in its early stages and is still actively bringing and researching new features and development for that costs money, so they try to factor that to the price.

As for the foldable, Nova and Niagara claim to have full compatibility with it. You can opt for their free trials to get a feel for yourself, of course. The only thing the mob is consistently clamoring for is the ability to have different home screen setups for the inner and outer screens. Both don't have this yet. And also, taskbar is restricted by Samsung so you can't use that with all 3rd party launchers like these two.
Others
The Taskbar is something I highly appreciate in both my Fold4 and tablet. So maybe I'll try to get a feel for them on my Note20U5G first. Thanks for the tips!
0 Likes
Others
Nova has fared well even between Android versions. Also works very well with KWGT. I was expecting glitches when the update to A13 OneUI5.0 was applied but no. Just worked. Previous versions had issues. I believe both Android, OneUI, and Nova are mature enough to transition smoothly. Of course, that's not always the case with software.
0 Likes